Any clubs have a Younger crowd for Clays?

Sorry if this sounds terrible but I am 35 and wondering if any clubs around SE of Boston have some younger people who shoot in them. I am 35 and love my club and the people I shoot with its just that I am one of the youngest people that shoots skeet and other clays. I will stay at my club cause its great but do any clubs around have people in their 20's 30's or 40's who shoot skeet and other sports regularly? Thanks

I have seen some younger folks shoot clays at Georgetown Fish and Game. They have open to public trap shoot on Wednesday nights. Not sure about in this weather, but I will look into it more next time I am at the club.

I see younger shooters at Hopkinton shooting skeet/trap all the time. We are open on Thursday mornings 10:00-1:00 which is a great time for newer shooters to be introduced to the games with few people around and low pressure.

I live South of Boston, and I shoot skeet weekly, sadly it's an older mans sport. I'm 50 and often times feel like the kid at some of the area clubs. I've introduced my son to the sport, he's 18 and shoots regularly, but there are very few his age that shoot skeet.

That said, there are some numbers of 20, 30, and 40 something's at most of the clubs I frequent, but certainly not the majority.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get your peers shooting with you!

Goal of mine is to learn how to when the warm weather arrives. Good excuse to buy another gun if anything. I'll be 38 and am a member at braintree. I'm going to try to get my wife into it and another buddy of mine.

Walpole Sporstmans, skeet, trap and 5 stand.
Thurs night is steak and clays, and they shoot on Sunday mornings as well. Both days open to the public.

Walpole Sporstmans, skeet, trap and 5 stand.
Thurs night is steak and clays, and they shoot on Sunday mornings as well. Both days open to the public.

Are they shooting Thursday night this time of year? I only toured it once and it is a sweet place. I am actually born and raised in Walpole and once again living in the town. I have a buddy who is a member there but he only shoots a couple times a year. When I see him we talk about it but it has never actually happened. I have been meaning to stop by.

Are they shooting Thursday night this time of year? I only toured it once and it is a sweet place. I am actually born and raised in Walpole and once again living in the town. I have a buddy who is a member there but he only shoots a couple times a year. When I see him we talk about it but it has never actually happened. I have been meaning to stop by.
Yep, those crazy bastids are still shooting. On a night like tonight, probably not though, it's just too damn cold. If it's not this cold there are usually people that show up to shoot. But they still have the winter league shooting on Sunday mornings, I know they snow blowed the fields so they could shoot this past Sun. am. It's best to stop by and get to know some guys and get some phone numbers to see what the deal is. I'm not one of them, I usually stick to the rifle and pistol range with some archery thrown in. I am always around there, only live a mile up the street.

Taunton is hit and miss. It all depends on who happens to show up. Some sundays theres half a dozen under 40, other weekends theres none (personaly I only get there every once in while). The old guys are fun though and dont complain about us young hooligans useing semi-autos or even tacticool's for trap

I'm 32 now. Several years ago when I first got into skeet shooting I noticed the same trend of the average age of clay shooters. Lately Ive been going to Hopkinton Sportsman's on Sundays. There are some younger guys mixed in the crowd there.

Pay attention, you might just learn something from those crusty old guys

My club and the people there are great and I do have a few guys around my age that I shoot with. I just did not know what the average age is of the sport. As far as paying attention to the older guys. I do. I regularly shoot with a handful of State and National Champion shooters. I lot of hardware with the guys I shoot with and I listen to a few in particular. They are a great help and love passing the sport along. Im going to start to get some people out to the club once it gets nicer. Maybe they'll catch the bug.

Sorry if this sounds terrible but I am 35 and wondering if any clubs around SE of Boston have some younger people who shoot in them. I am 35 and love my club and the people I shoot with its just that I am one of the youngest people that shoots skeet and other clays. I will stay at my club cause its great but do any clubs around have people in their 20's 30's or 40's who shoot skeet and other sports regularly? Thanks

What distance are you looking to travel? Which sport are you most interested in? My club has skeet, trap and spotting clays, but little to no overlap between shooters. I am one of two or three that will bounce around.

Most clubs are open to the public for clays because they make money. Maybe you could organize an NES road team to hit various clubs? I may be willing to help get started, at least til the action shooting starts again.

Once work settles down, I was planning alternating trips, skeet, clays, trap, clays. A couple rounds each weekend. Cheap fun $25-30 including ammo for a half day of shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are killing me. I thought I was still pretty relevant. Did the last two New England Tough Mudders. Got Drake and Macklemore on my iPod. (It helps to have a 10 and 12 year-old.) Now I'm just gonna go clean my flintlock and eat my porridge.

You guys are killing me. I thought I was still pretty relevant. Did the last two New England Tough Mudders. Got Drake and Macklemore on my iPod. (It helps to have a 10 and 12 year-old.) Now I'm just gonna go clean my flintlock and eat my porridge.

BTW, we have an SCTP youth clay shooting league at our club as well. And they kick ass! Lots of them are shooting better than the adults, lol.

Im into this NES road team idea. My club, Massapoag, has 3 skeet and one trap. Also, indoor and outdoor pistol / rifle ranges but we will stick to clays here. I shoot almost every weekend (golf clubs are getting less and less use) and Im mostly a skeet shooter but will do trap whenever its going down and am absolutely looking for Sporting Clays and 5 stand. I am definitely looking to tour the local clubs much like people golf different courses to switch it up. We can prob get this to grow when the weather gets better. Also lets invite some of our friends along. Wont be hard for them to get hooked.

It's not the years, it's the miles.

there are good shooters, from whom you can learn, of many ages.

I used to be the "kid" on he squad, now.....my kid is the kid. Also one of the top shooters.

That said, yes, there are more older guys on the Trap field, as they have more $ to throw around, no soccer games and school plays to go to, etc.

Come out to the GOAL Cup this spring at Southborough Rod & Gun Club (you'll see more info on this, soon), and you'll get a god cross-section of Trapezoids.

Oh....and remember....you're shooting against yourself.....that's the age group you're competing against! [laugh]

I will check out the GOAL Cup this spring at Southborough Rod & Gun Club. Keep me posted it sounds interesting. Im not too worried about who is the better shooters. Im just looking for people around my age to help grow a club or the sport and basically have common interests when shooting the shit over beers after shooting. Ha

I've shot at Maspenock a bunch, but am a member of Taunton, I'm 25...I'll travel anywhere in between, and do enjoy an adult beverage after a few rounds of trap. I'll travel pretty much anywhere as well.

I'm 47 and looking to get into the sport. Went to Independent in Foxborough and saw a mix of young and older than me. Just got my first shotgun last week and need to join a club and start shooting. I'm in Franklin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm 47 and looking to get into the sport. Went to Independent in Foxborough and saw a mix of young and older than me. Just got my first shotgun last week and need to join a club and start shooting. I'm in Franklin.

We shoot skeet and trap on Saturday and Sundays and Wednesdays during daylight savings. We are open to the public on Weekends so come by and check us out. Just pop in to the lower skeet house and say hello and hop in a group and start shooting. We will be more than happy to help you out.

massapoagsportsmensclub.com

How did you like Independent? I am member and was there all weekend.

Back
Top Bottom