Antlerless deer tag

I forgot to apply in time. Actually went to apply the day after the last day! Doh. That said, I will be able to buy 6 or 8 for zone 10 if I want when the surplus tags go on sale.

I forgot to apply in time. Actually went to apply the day after the last day! Doh. That said, I will be able to buy 6 or 8 for zone 10 if I want when the surplus tags go on sale.
There are unlimited zone 10 permits this year. So buy one and only replace it if you get one. No reason to give them extra money with the large fee increase if you don’t have to.

Not poping Up, wonder if it’s because I’m zone 11

Same here.

Try going in and see if you can buy it. Maybe you missed the pop up and it is available under permits. Otherwise you may need to call them.

Are you sure that you applied for it?

ETA: If you look under your order history you can see that you applied for the antlerless permit:

F4A08935-2727-47A7-9B75-1C433CA45495.jpeg

Well I'll be damned, got Zone 8!

Me too. Two years in a row isa shocker. In the old system I would get one about every 4th year.I think that I might like this new system.

I didn’t realize that we hunt the same zone.

Me too. Two years in a row isa shocker. In the old system I would get one about every 4th year.I think that I might like this new system.

I didn’t realize that we hunt the same zone.
Yeah, I end up in those areas sometimes that are right on the border of Zone 8 and Zone 9. Hunted a few areas deeper into 8 last year, but didn't have the antlerless permit. I figured with the way things generally work out, there'd be doe frolicking about under my stand all day, kind of like a safe zone for them 🤣

Zone 9 good to go.

As has been mentioned zone 10 is no cap this year so if I hint 10 I'll just buy one the night before I go.

I'm a friggin' idiot I guess. Zone 12, I could have sworn I applied for ADP when I re-upped all my permits & tags Jan 1st... I didn't. F*ck. And 100% of zone 12 ADP applicants were awarded one this year. :(

At my club meeting I'm hearing serious issues with this system. Like the MA FW fxcked up royally.

I'm hearing the below three issues, which will not be rectified by the state..........

People would get a permit and put it in their cart and go to pay and it dissapeared......never to return.....and you won't get it, and won't be able to shoot a doe.

Other people who didn't apply got permits. (lol, I should probably check)

People got permits and didn't have to pay for them.

That's way over the top.. The state won't be happy until there aren't any deer left here...
Always is......guys in the east, enjoy the herd while you have it. Insurance companies are running the show.

This unlimited thing is the worst though.........Doesn't take long to mash it down to nothing with every a**h*** loading up truck fulls of does..

What I don't like is people just buy them in zone 10 then use them out here when they can't get a Zone 1-8 permit.

Always is......guys in the east, enjoy the herd while you have it. Insurance companies are running the show.

This unlimited thing is the worst though.........Doesn't take long to mash it down to nothing with every a**h*** loading up truck fulls of does..

What I don't like is people just buy them in zone 10 then use them out here when they can't get a Zone 1-8 permit.

Quabbin Reservoir is the perfect snapshot of deer management in this state. Don’t hunt it for decades until the herd is humongous and badly weakened by lack browse and nutrition. The browse line was insanely high. There was literally nothing left to eat that the deer could reach.

Then open it up to hunting and kill them all until you see moose but no deer, the success rate drops to almost zero, and the hunters stop signing up for the hunt.

Once hunters stopped coming they started resting the hunting zones so they had a year or two off so the deer herd could bounce back a little.

The hunter success rate is still well below the state average.

Back
Top Bottom