Anticipation...

Does anyone find themselves rushing home trying to beat the UPS truck to your door, constantly refreshing tracking number data, camping out in your living room by the front door?

In this case its a replacement 91/30 PU sniper reproduction that I'm waiting for, because the original had a faulty action.

Am I just nuts or do other people do this?

Yep... all the time!

Unfortunately, I'm at the end of the UPS drivers route. That usually means the driver gets to my place around 6:00 - 6:30... sometimes 7:00. [sad]

However... I know his route and where he'll be around 10:00 - 11:00 (small business area where I also happen to get my AM fix of Dunkin Donuts coffee).

Armed with that information, I'll sit in my Jeep (having my coffee), and wait for the guy to get back into the truck and ask him if he has a delivery for me. [smile]

If I miss him and don't catch him at usual location, I just drive on down a few blocks and catch him then (the route he takes is the same one I take going back home anyways).

How's that for desperate? [wink]

Same here, I was just refreshing the FedEx tracking page before I read this thread. Waiting on a GlockMeister package!![smile]

But I have everything I can shipped to my work so I don't have to rush home or risk missing something.

Yep... all the time!

Unfortunately, I'm at the end of the UPS drivers route. That usually means the driver gets to my place around 6:00 - 6:30... sometimes 7:00. [sad]

However... I know his route and where he'll be around 10:00 - 11:00 (small business area where I also happen to get my AM fix of Dunkin Donuts coffee).

Armed with that information, I'll sit in my Jeep (having my coffee), and wait for the guy to get back into the truck and ask him if he has a delivery for me. [smile]

If I miss him and don't catch him at usual location, I just drive on down a few blocks and catch him then (the route he takes is the same one I take going back home anyways).

How's that for desperate? [wink]

LoginName, you're a sick man. When I read an article in the paper about a UPS driver filing a restraining order against a client, I'll know who they're talking about.

I will admit that I call home more often on afternoons when I'm expecting a package - my fiance hasn't caugh on yet. She just thinks I'm a really sweet guy.

"Hi honey, how's your day going? Uh huh... Oh by the way, did a package come today?

I'm a kid in actuality still... compared to some on this board.

Little over a week short of my 23rd.

It got here! a 1943 Ishvesk in excellent shape and the bolt doesn't freeze like the first one. Now to find another FA-10!

My UPS driver knows what the long boxes are. [smile]
I usually check tracking numbers so I'll know when to expect a delivery but he actually makes it a point to stop here when I'm home during my lunch break and will even hang around a bit if he's early and I'm not home yet.

As an obvious followup

DSCN3388.JPG

DSCN3389.JPG

DSCN3390.JPG

DSCN3391.JPG

DSCN3392.JPG

Back
Top Bottom