• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

another transport question regarding multpile weapons and owners

My apologies if that was not clear. It was directed to the MGL that was in my post. Section 131L(b.)

(b) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a firearm, rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon, by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $5,000 or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and in the case of a large capacity weapon or machine gun, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment
Sorry, but I'm still lost. What is it that you are asking or trying to say?

Sorry, but I'm still lost. What is it that you are asking or trying to say?

Does that say that you cannot travel with (unlawful to store or keep without being in a secured container or with a locked device) ANY firearm, rifle, shotgun, that is unlocked regardless of capacity?

Does that say that you cannot travel with (unlawful to store or keep without being in a secured container or with a locked device) ANY firearm, rifle, shotgun, that is unlocked regardless of capacity?

No. It just states what the penalties are for violating the previous paragraphs. The first several paragraphs in the section say what you must (or must not) do. The remaining paragraphs say what happens to your sorry backside if you violate the first several paragraphs.

Last edited:
Here's my simple take.

MA has firearm storage laws meant to jam you up and prevent you from legally carrying in the future (oops, I forgot...it's for the children).

To protect yourself, when transporting ANY number of firearms (whatever it is), keep them in the locked trunk of your car, or in a locked case (if you don't have a trunk).

For maximum protection from having to defend yourself against a beef, do both (locked in a case, in your locked trunk).

K.I.S.S.

Trying to thread a legal needle in this state is insane. Overprotect and be safe, unless the gun is being carried on your person, under an LTC-A.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom