• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another pair just turning their lives around

Good for the kid. Also feel terrible someone that age has to go through something like that. Hope he has the right kind of support.

Charleston is beautiful, but has some truly "interesting" areas. I wonder if these guys were part of the Links and Meat crowd.

So he hit one perp three times and put a couple (at least two) holes in the car. Assuming Colt .45 means 1911 (and he didn't reload) he's got better than a 50% hit rate under fire and on the move.

the only thing that could have improved this story would be a 10mm for better car penetration and ammo capacity. would like to send the kid a few boxes of ammo so he never runs low. he did more good for society than our "public servants" can ever do. [grin]

Good for the kid. Also feel terrible someone that age has to go through something like that. Hope he has the right kind of support.

Charleston is beautiful, but has some truly "interesting" areas. I wonder if these guys were part of the Links and Meat crowd.
i bet the hug he got from his mom was the biggest he ever remembers. he will be alright, i hope. "links and meat" do you mean a homo home invasion?

i read they charged the survivor with burglary, shouldnt they charge him with felony homicide because he was involved in a crime that resulted in a death?

Or if the mom were responsible Massachusetts gun owner and had the guns locked up, her kid would be dead now.

I find this state rather confusing.

No the kid would've sheltered in place and the bad guys always respect that. ... just like that 9 year old in Chicago

It happened in Ladson, a community outside of North Charleston and Summerville.

Like I said...

There are neighborhoods in that area that are so disheveled it is tough to believe they are in modern America.

Some of it looks straight out of a Hollywood movie...even down to the burn barrels in all the front yards and the rap bumping through the whole neighborhood.

If you think white people are racist, roll through one of those hoods at midnight on a Saturday.[laugh]

i read they charged the survivor with burglary, shouldnt they charge him with felony homicide because he was involved in a crime that resulted in a death?

Not just Felony Murder - also carrying in a school zone:

Daily Mail Online: Ladson boy gets into shootout with burglary suspects, ...

... The teen is usually home during the day, his mom said, because he attends an online school. ...

(Emphasis mine).

Reading other stories on this, the Colt belonged to one of the BG's, it was dropped in the yard. ...

Belonged to one of the bad guys so far - finders keepers?

But maybe the homeowners don't want it. I can see the WTS even now...

WTS 1911, Cheap
Dropped once.

So.. thinking about this as a law abiding Massachusetts resident....

"A suspected burglar was shot dead by a 13-year-old boy who used his mother’s Colt. 45 pistol to defend himself while home alone."

My 13-year-old boy would have been the victim of 2 armed male adults and completely defenseless. Of course as a law abiding MA resident, "the nanny state" tells me that I need to keep all my guns locked up and inaccessible to those who are not licensed. Since my boy would be 8 years away from the ability to gain license, he would have been unarmed. If I decided to break the storage law then he might be armed having the presence of mind. Of course the Commonwealth would then impose charges of improper storage, etc etc...

Is it me, or does the nanny state of MA make criminals of good folk? Just a side thought... I heard on the radio that the brilliant politicians in Quincy are looking to make Quincy "The most patriotic city in america."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/nightside-is-quincy-the-most-patriotic-city-in-america/

What?! Unrelated to the story. Just personal perspective to the situation of this thread. The boy is a hero and I truly hope he gets all the support and love he deserves. Now, that's a great american in my opinion!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom