Another no-knock, and the table got turned

I am also surprised that the guy is still alive. I will be very interested to see how this case ends up, it seems like it would be impossible for a reasonable jury to convict, especially not of capital murder charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Police being reasonable while performing a no-knock raid? Methinks you give too much credit ;)

They will never let him step out of jail, except to be transported to a court house or another jail.

He committed the worst offense there is. He challenged the authority of government. There is truly nothing worse you can do in the eyes of the state. He was expected to submit as they beat the shit out of him, shot his dog, and perhaps him, then put him up on false charges for resisting arrest when no drugs were found. He did not submit to that, so he must be punished!

From another article.
But all of that is mostly beside the point. The fact that the police didn’t find any drugs in the house suggests that Marvin Louis Guy didn’t know he was shooting at cops. Drug dealer or no, unless he had a death wish, it’s unlikely that a guy would knowingly fire at police officers when he had nothing in the house that was particularly incriminating. Unless we learn more, the simpler explanation is that he was awakened by armed men breaking into his home and did what he thought he needed to do to defend himself. Especially since that’s exactly what these raids are designed to do: take you by surprise. It’s yet another example — and the second in Texas in five months — of how using this sort of violence to enforce the drug laws not only unnecessarily puts citizens at risk, but puts law enforcement officers at risk as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hat-claimed-the-life-of-texas-police-officer/
That about covers it.

They will never let him step out of jail, except to be transported to a court house or another jail.

He committed the worst offense there is. He challenged the authority of government. There is truly nothing worse you can do in the eyes of the state. He was expected to submit as they beat the shit out of him, shot his dog, and perhaps him, then put him up on false charges for resisting arrest when no drugs were found. He did not submit to that, so he must be punished!

Whether or not drugs were found is completely irrelevant. Having drugs in the house doesn't negate your right to self-defense.

Whether or not drugs were found is completely irrelevant. Having drugs in the house doesn't negate your right to self-defense.

Of course. But, saying things that statist sheeple out there may read, it helps to further state your case by mentioning no drugs. Most people would be like "well, he DID have drugs, so he is a bad guy... What did he expect" and the discussion ends there.

Make a point that there were no drugs, and it might occur to some sheeple "oh wait, I have no drugs either.... Could this happen to me?" But once labeled a druggie, tribalism mentality takes effect and most people will not be concerned... He is not one of us, so what do I care. I am still concerned, but I make a concerted effort to be logically consistent.

How can he be charged with a capital crime? I would think there would have to be a measure of PREMEDITATION involved instead of just reacting to a threat.
If he gets tried in an urban area he is good as dead because of the change in demographics.

This is a strange forum. Usually when someone does something stupid and pays a price, lots of people say 'PSGWSP'. Here, in a like situation, instead, the family should sue? WTF???

I'm talking about the cop who was killed, not the guy who got raided.

Shouldn't the entire chain of command and all those associated with the no-knock including the judge be charged with felony murder? A man died in the process of burglarizing a home.

This is a strange forum. Usually when someone does something stupid and pays a price, lots of people say 'PSGWSP'. Here, in a like situation, instead, the family should sue? WTF???

I'm talking about the cop who was killed, not the guy who got raided.

if my father's employer intentionally put him in a situation that used tactics that would put his life in jeopardy I would want the employer to be held responsible

even while i agree he won the ultimate stupid price for a stupid game

Either that guy really knows how to shoot or the swat team needs a lot more practice. He manages to shoot 4 of them and not get shot himself?!

Shouldn't the entire chain of command and all those associated with the no-knock including the judge be charged with felony murder? A man died in the process of burglarizing a home.

Amen.

Either that guy really knows how to shoot or the swat team needs a lot more practice. He manages to shoot 4 of them and not get shot himself?!

Yet more proof that tacticool does not equal operator.

It is a tragedy that the officer died, but breaking into someone home (announced ) is just a shooting/killing waiting to happen!

Going through a window is the WORST access point.... your going through a small open area with no cover, head/face first, no clear support fire from those with you, and your limited to one person going through the window at a time. That's what they commonly call a choke point! What kind of planning was this?

This will be an interesting one to see how it plays out in court!

Back
Top Bottom