• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ANOTHER business banning guns...

Well banning pictures of people that have guns in them.

For all you single people out there who use the dating app Bumble...heads up they are now asking people to report other users who are holding a gun or have a gun in their photo.

What a friggin joke!

Attached are some screenshots.

Attachments

• IMG_1076.PNG
    IMG_1076.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1077.PNG
    IMG_1077.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1078.PNG
    IMG_1078.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1079.PNG
    IMG_1079.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1080.PNG
    IMG_1080.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 128
I'm sure most of the members on here don't know or care what bumble is. For those of us who have tried it (or any kind of online dating) understand how hard it is today to date while having a hobby like this today. I will say though, It's not all that uncommon to see girls with photos "shooting" or "holding" guns in their profile pictures. I do tend to think it's a double standard though. I could be wrong but I think it's perceived that if a girl has photos with guns it's all cool and harmless yet, if a guy has photos with guns he's a right wing gun nut.

This sounds like sticking your head in the sand. The person has guns, whether or not pictures holding them are allowed. Making the pictures go away doesn't make the guns go away[rolleyes].

The unintended consequence is that now people who don't like guns lose one way to sort out the real gun enthusiasts that post gun pics.

It's like Tinder but she has to initiate the conversation. The idea is to reduce the number of 'Hey, What's Up?" type messages from idiots.

Bumble taught me that women are just as bad, if not worse, then men when it comes to initiating conversations. Because that's the exact opening line I got 99% of the time from them.

But that's hilarious because there's so many women on Bumble with pictures of them shooting someone else's .22. Can the men report the women for this as well? That would shut this stupid nonsense down fast.

Hold it. Tinder where the girl has to initiate??? I'm sorry. Tinder is a hookup site. If you don't wanna hook-up, don't f'ing use Tinder.

Men are morons, guided by their weiners. I can't even believe that Bumble would exist. The only thing there are overly-sexed, under-confidenced dudes. And I'm a married f'ing guy. I don't even USE these things. But GOD man. Have some f'ing balls!

I was on Bumble and I know a few friends on it. Women never initiate. Which is retarded because they swiped right on your profile so when you match you would think they would say something since that is literally the point of Bumble: they initiate the conversation. I just deleted my account since the concept doesn't work combined with this.

There was a girl I went on a date with that was telling me about how one guy she exchanged messages with on a dating site was telling her about the machine gun(s) he owned and she was weirded out and didn't understand why someone would brag about that. I told her its fine if it isn't her kind of thing, however if he has multiple full autos she should consider that he has some serious money coming from somewhere .... so if she was looking for a well off guy.

100% if she is on Bumble she would now be reporting these people, turned out to be a raging Anti scardy cat.

Damn, gotta wear sleeves in my profile pictures now... :p

I don't even know what the point is other than to trigger conservatives. It's dumb.
I can see how fb and instagram banning gun sales/ promotion of gun sales makes them feel good. They think they're putting a dent in private/illegal bg checkless sales, or at least they aren't a party to them. But bumble is basically saying "We don't like guns and don't want anyone to see them."

Besides, nobody with a gun picture on there is getting laid anyways. No girl is going to see a picture of a new LWRC or something and get hot and bothered. Abs or a Ferrari might do that but a gat is just going to make a girl swipe left.

Back
Top Bottom