Another Advice on a Range Thread... South Eastern MA

Was looking at Taunton and New Bedford at the moment...

Shooting semi handguns at the moment, maybe down the road rifles...

Looking for a range with decent hours (I like to go early in the day sat/sun if possible)
Indoor Range is a must
Outdoors is something I'd like to try... shooting steel sounds like fun
Taunton seems to have some great indoor ranges
New Bedford has the IDPA which is something I may want to try in the future

Any strong opinions on either of these two? or is there another range I overlooked?

Thanks for the help!

I'm a member of Taunton and I love it. The indoor range is open 24/7 so it is nice to be able to go whenever you want. Indoor range has I believe over 20 lanes total between the two wings. The outdoor range is nice too, (2) 50yd, (2) 100, and a 300yd (have to qualify) but gets pretty busy on the weekends.

Also a taunton member, just joined last year the indoors are nice 24 hr access. One thing I really like is all the people I have meet there are cool. Haven't encountered an hero rule enforcers yet.

I shoot at Sippican in Rochester. They don't have an indoor range but than again I never liked shooting indoors. I don't mind the cold and they have a covered roof over every firing line.

Awesome... thanks for the feedback... Busy season for me til April so I'm hoping I can put in an application the last week or so of March and be ready to celebrate the end of tax season with some with a new gun at a new range :)

might be out of the way for you put I will throw in a comment about Hanson Rod and Gun. I love that club, been going since I was 5 (not joking). Outdoor High Powered Range, Out Door Pistol, Shotgun range and Indoor Range.

Awesome... thanks for the feedback... Busy season for me til April so I'm hoping I can put in an application the last week or so of March and be ready to celebrate the end of tax season with some with a new gun at a new range :)

If you decide on taunton keep in mind they review new apps on the first Sunday of the month

Back
Top Bottom