• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Annoyed with Wally World

The walmart I go to (nh) hands me the boxes and I go thru the checkout line. Rarely, if ever do I show id. I'm obviously over 18/21
Clerks probably don't know/care

But I got carded for fuel treatment yesterday!

I will try the self checkout next time. Weren't there last time I bought.

Not so fast. The self checkout at the Plymouth Wally’s flagged the checkout lady for a license check because I bought The highly dangerous drug...... MELATONIN!

The unpleasant troglodyte of highly questionable hygiene at the closest Wally world to us made me say screw it and start buying elsewhere.
That dude hates to work as much as I hate Maura.
I'm not so tight that a couple of bucks more for the stuff I don't make myself at a LGS is going to kill me.

Huh? Isn't your LTC a "Resident" license? Meaning you live here...
actually, no. As a business owner in MA and resident of NH, I had a MA "resident" license - good for 6 years and issued by local PD. HOWEVER, it had my business address AND home address in NH. But I guess that's too complicated for people I guess.

The unpleasant troglodyte of highly questionable hygiene at the closest Wally world to us made me say screw it and start buying elsewhere.
I'm not so tight that a couple of bucks more for the stuff I don't make myself at a LGS is going to kill me.
Unpleasant indeed. I went into a Kmart recently. I swear the gates of hell were somewhere in that store. It has to be the purgatory of retail employment.

Its Walmart! I had this happened and the guy had an issue because my address on LTC differed from my driver's license. He was making a big issue about it so I told him to give me back my cards. He got all upset and refused to sell to me. I had to get the manger over and eventually got the ammo

Had the same thing at the Walmart on 44 in raynham. Lady said you can never be too careful with these crazy kids ( I’m a young kid ). So essentially she profiled me To be one of them crazy kids until I showed her my ltc, and I.d. I have gone in there since, and have only been asked to show my ltc. I feel it’s a more of who ever is working the counter. The sign still says a valid government issue i.d. With d.o.b. Or whatever. Written as a singular I.d.

Had the same thing at the Walmart on 44 in raynham. Lady said you can never be too careful with these crazy kids ( I’m a young kid ). So essentially she profiled me To be one of them crazy kids until I showed her my ltc, and I.d. I have gone in there since, and have only been asked to show my ltc. I feel it’s a more of who ever is working the counter. The sign still says a valid government issue i.d. With d.o.b. Or whatever. Written as a singular I.d.
Close... It was the Walmart on the other side of town in raynham on rte 138. Again, I had my license and it certainly took longer to argue than to pull it out, but I wanted to make the point that a secondary ID is unnecessary with a valid LTC.

Close... It was the Walmart on the other side of town in raynham on rte 138. Again, I had my license and it certainly took longer to argue than to pull it out, but I wanted to make the point that a secondary ID is unnecessary with a valid LTC.
Strange I've been there as well and have never been asked for a second i.d. But Yea absolutely there is zero need for it. I still have a valid f.i.d. card thought about pulling that out, and hitting them with a double whammy lol.

If you are buying your ammo "Onesies and Twosies" by the box at Walmart... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!
Some of us who have to work peasant jobs for a living can't afford to buy in bulk.

Buy something small at the store, and then fill out the survey at the bottom. Let the manager know that you'll never be back due to such a low-class employee and lousy customer service. Be sure to add that you'll let your friends and relatives know, and that you'll post your story on social media.

Last edited:
You all can hate on Walmart if you want for their ammo and gun policies, but out of all the big retailers, they're the only ones who sell guns and ammo. Wish Target would, then the store would be living up to its name.

I prefer to hate the dipshit cable salesman who always wants to talk with me when I'm busy shopping or the crying Mexican children or crying White Trash children or crying Black children.

Never seen a crying Asian kid anywhere before. I should move to Quincy so I shop in peace and quiet.

The only issue here in CT is finding the person with the key to the cabinet.

I've phoned the store's external main number.
"Please send the 'sporting goods key' to the sporting goods department".​

It makes more sense to me for a store to positively ID a customer for ammunition than it does for them to shake me down when I'm buying lighter fluid, Sudafed, spray paint, glue, etc

aebede6e65b947c874631cb30d58aff6d7ace151.jpg

Last edited:
If you are buying your ammo "Onesies and Twosies" by the box at Walmart... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

Yes and no. Yes, they don't have enough to actually satisfy my needs. No, they actually have a really great price on Winchester #7 steel shot target shells. Granted I can only get maybe a flat if I'm lucky.

Walmart's purpose is basically to supplement my trunk stockpiles when they run low and I'm too lazy to go down to the basement to dig out more. Shot shells I usually have to bulk order from my LGS since no one carries much stock of what I shoot, but the rest either gets delivered or gets picked up when a good sale is on. Couldn't pass up the $179/case for 9mm at MFS tax free weekend.

Its Walmart! I had this happened and the guy had an issue because my address on LTC differed from my driver's license. He was making a big issue about it so I told him to give me back my cards. He got all upset and refused to sell to me. I had to get the manger over and eventually got the ammo
They do this in Chicopee. The sea hag working the ammo counter told a friend and I that they can’t sell ammo to us if the addresses don’t match. The manager backed her up when we asked to talk to him. Apparently it was a condition the Chicopee PD put on them when they gave Walmart an ammo license. He even told us there had been undercover “sting operations” where the PD sent an officer in plain clothes with non matching DL/LTC to try to purchase ammo.

Right now you don't need to go to Walmart to save money on ammo, unless your lgs is garbage. Negotiated case prices are cheaper than tramlaw right now. Often with better ammo.

you guys are funny. there's one thread after another here trashing walmart, mostly about having to show an id to purchase ammo, but yet you go anyway to chase saving a buck here and there. and then you jump on nes and bitch about the experience like you're so surprised what just happened to you. save yourself the anguish and gray hairs and go to a lgs. bitching probably absolves the guilt you feel shopping there after we've had an unwritten boycott of the place for a few years.

They do this in Chicopee. The sea hag working the ammo counter told a friend and I that they can’t sell ammo to us if the addresses don’t match. The manager backed her up when we asked to talk to him. Apparently it was a condition the Chicopee PD put on them when they gave Walmart an ammo license. He even told us there had been undercover “sting operations” where the PD sent an officer in plain clothes with non matching DL/LTC to try to purchase ammo.

That's not how this works.... That's blatant gangster-ism right there. Racketeering at it's finest.

Well this is complete bullshit since when you move you change your drivers license but you don't change your address on your LTC.

you guys are funny. there's one thread after another here trashing walmart, mostly about having to show an id to purchase ammo, but yet you go anyway to chase saving a buck here and there. and then you jump on nes and bitch about the experience like you're so surprised what just happened to you. save yourself the anguish and gray hairs and go to a lgs. bitching probably absolves the guilt you feel shopping there after we've had an unwritten boycott of the place for a few years.
This. It's very easy to get ammo at Walmart prices and even lower than their prices by ordering cases of ammo through your local shop or from targetsportsusa.com. Done! No headaches and no wasting time waiting for a clerk to find a key etc.

The walmart I go to (nh) hands me the boxes and I go thru the checkout line. Rarely, if ever do I show id. I'm obviously over 18/21
Clerks probably don't know/care

But I got carded for fuel treatment yesterday!

I will try the self checkout next time. Weren't there last time I bought.

I got carded buying a lottery ticket the other day. I told the girl I hadn't been carded for anything in 30 years...

My most recent ammo purchase was a couple weeks ago at a Wally's in NH. Previous purchases at the same store they wanted to see my MA LTC. She refused that and asked for my DL.

Some of us who have to work peasant jobs for a living can't afford to buy in bulk.

Buy something small at the store, and then fill out the survey at the bottom. Let the manager know that you'll never be back due to such a low-class employee and lousy customer service. Be sure to add that you'll let your friends and relatives know, and that you'll post your story on social media.

I called the manager directly after the last time the bride came back steaming. (That was the last time there).
Dipshit wouldn't sell to my wife because my son was with her and he pretty much accused her of trying to straw purchase for him.
He whipped out his FID and she said , he can buy his own if he needs it.
Dipshit still gave her a hard time so she just told him to GFYs and left.
I could tell the this wasn't close to the first time he'd heard about the grease ball and gave me the usual "Gee we're sorry your shopping experience wasn't a good one. " crap.

There are only two things that you should ever be "carded" for...

Booze and cigarettes.

I don't smoke and I'm very flexible on the booze...

This. 100% this. Show me any regulation that requires an LTC holder also have a driver's license.

OP - which WalMart is it you got hassled at? Chicopee?

Hello Comm2A?
Raynham on rte 138. It just makes no sense to me... I wasn't leaving the country or taking out a mortgage!!

Back
Top Bottom