• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ankle carry

Depending on the pants and shoes you wear, others may see it.

I wear business professional every day and if I sit down my pants lift up a tad, exposing the ankle holster. If I wear anything but black socks you'd easily see the holster against my sock.

I still haven't figured out to ankle carry any better.

I have the Galco for my 380

I ankle carry my BG380 all the time. I bought a Black Hawk and cut off the actual holster part and just strap the Velcro band around my ankle the slip the BG in it. It surprisingly holds it very well. I didnt like the way it kind of flopped around in the holster, this way hold it much tighter to the ankle and with any pants it is impossible to spot. You do have to get used to the tight feel against the ankle.

i wear work boots 99% of the time 8" tall would that hinder my ankle carry capabilities?? entertaining the ankle carry myself usually carry LCP 380.

Been carrying my p938 in a galco ankle for a while now. I forget it is there. Fits inside my cowboy boots which is even better...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Check out Renegade Cozy Partner:

Linky

The lamb's wool backing is great for comfort. I've worn mine almost daily for nearly three years and the velcro is still strong. Five stars from me.

i wear work boots 99% of the time 8" tall would that hinder my ankle carry capabilities?? entertaining the ankle carry myself usually carry LCP 380.

It's not as comfortable. The holster has to ride on top of your boot and depending on how slim your pants are below the knee, it may snag and keep you from accessing it. If you're wearing work clothes isn't there a better carry option available?

Do not go cheep or you will regret it. Galco ankle glove, you will forget you have it on.

Yep. This is where all my research led me. I was determined to not end up with a box of different ankle holsters for my PM9. Came down to the Galco ankle glove or ankle lite. I chose the glove. Goes on when I wake and off before bed. This is the only holster Ive found I can do this with. I'm actually not looking forward to having to go back to IWB when the warmer weather moves in. This rig is that good.

Never carried a Bodyguard, but a Sig 238 feels fine all day in a DeSantis Apache. In fairness I can't compare, since it's the first one I've tried, but it's very comfortable. Nylon, not leather.

For 7 years I have carried my G26 in a Galco Ankle-Lite Glove, soft, padded, awesome... with the extra calf strap. Sometimes it's so damned comfortable I actually forget I'm "packing" on my ankle (actually "shin", since "ankle" is a misnomer. Ankle holsters wrap above the ankle)...The Galco is worth EVERY PENNY you'll pay. You can find them as low as $35 used, but I'd go new.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...3.3&ei=_kLXUu3gC4jPsATUxIDoDg&ved=0CEgQpiswAA

I wear boots 99.9% of the time, 8" Redwing Loggers. I've been wearing my Seecamp 32 ACP in an Elite Ankle Holster for about four years, every day, unless I'm not wearing boots.

Elite Ankle Holster.jpg

Yep. This is where all my research led me. I was determined to not end up with a box of different ankle holsters for my PM9. Came down to the Galco ankle glove or ankle lite. I chose the glove. Goes on when I wake and off before bed. This is the only holster Ive found I can do this with. I'm actually not looking forward to having to go back to IWB when the warmer weather moves in. This rig is that good.

For the last two years I have been carrying a PM40. In any weather suitable for pants I wear it in a Galco ankle holster. It is worth every penny like previously stated by other NESers. It is not a practical holster to wear with boots but it can be done. I am dreading switching back to IWB. My ankle holster is so comfy I never think twice about it being there..almost brought it places I shouldn't.

I also wear tall work boots every day. I carry a shield in a DeSantis ankle holster. It sits up on top of the boot, so its not really ankle carry, its more of a calf carry. I wear Dickies work pants, they conceal well and the holster is real comfortable.

I also wear tall work boots every day. I carry a shield in a DeSantis ankle holster. It sits up on top of the boot, so its not really ankle carry, its more of a calf carry. I wear Dickies work pants, they conceal well and the holster is real comfortable.

thats good to know. I use a DeSantis pocket holster its the most comfortable option for me so far, but the loss of the use of a front pocket is a con for me. but i'd rather loose the use of a pocket than the use of my life, home, or family! Thanks for the input!

Depending on the pants and shoes you wear, others may see it.

I wear business professional every day and if I sit down my pants lift up a tad, exposing the ankle holster. If I wear anything but black socks you'd easily see the holster against my sock.

I still haven't figured out to ankle carry any better.

I have the Galco for my 380

The ankle holster should go against the skin and the sock should be worn over it and as high as possible without interfering with the draw.

Back
Top Bottom