Angle Tree in North Attleboro?

I had been a member there but let it lapse when I moved. I loved how convenient it was and 24 hr access to indoor range.
It was lead only inside and lead levels where very high (signs everywhere).
I recall some stupid self imposed capacity limits and some general fuddness, but if I still lived a mile away, I'd still be a member.

I had been a member there but let it lapse when I moved. I loved how convenient it was and 24 hr access to indoor range.
It was lead only inside and lead levels where very high (signs everywhere).
I recall some stupid self imposed capacity limits and some general fuddness, but if I still lived a mile away, I'd still be a member.
That's a bit concerning with the lead levels (trying to have kids). I wonder if they've upgraded the ventilation since?

I had a little one at the time. I haven't read up on lead in a while, but I think you'd have to shoot there a fair amount before it would effect you and even more before it would impact your kids. I wouldn't bring my kids to the indoor range there though. I usually went at like 10-11pm after the little ones were asleep and my wife was borderline passed out on the couch. It was easy enough to peel those clothes off in the garage like yard work clothes and hop in the shower after. A lot of guys stuck to the outdoor ranges though

We live 5 minutes from Angle Tree.. visited there, Mansfield F&G, and Wrentham Sportsmans Assoc. earlier this summer when we were looking for a club.

For Angle Tree, you go on a Sunday morning for "orientation" and then apply, if you want. Beautiful piece of property, and they have the shooting sports. The guys giving the tour were arrogant and put-offish. Basically they acted like you were doing them a favor by joining, and could not care less if you joined or not.

MF&G has a great reputation here and would be fine for pure shooting. No shooting sports, but nice outdoor ranges.

We have 2 friends at WSA, so they gave us a tour. Need to be sponsored there. Everyone was friendly. Gun range is short, but they also have archery, camping, and fishing, as well as family social events. This is what worked best for us. I was voted in last month (August) and am completing my work requirements to become a full member.

I had a little one at the time. I haven't read up on lead in a while, but I think you'd have to shoot there a fair amount before it would effect you and even more before it would impact your kids. I wouldn't bring my kids to the indoor range there though. I usually went at like 10-11pm after the little ones were asleep and my wife was borderline passed out on the couch. It was easy enough to peel those clothes off in the garage like yard work clothes and hop in the shower after. A lot of guys stuck to the outdoor ranges though
I'll have to read up a little too: I'd just assume high levels wouldn't be good for the swimmers, haha.

Seems like a nice close location... and decent price. I do have to figure out how often is frequent the place: maybe the $20 an hour at AFS would be worth it.

Did Angle Tree ever get busy? Any shady members?

I can't say I've ever seen more than 2-3 shooters there ever, aside from the skeet range on weekends.
I usually went to the outdoor range on days off or colder days and used the indoor range late - most of my shooting was completely solo.
EMTDAD'S comment about them acting like they were doing you a favor kind of what I meant by general fuddness.
All in all, good experience for me, but mainly because I was alone and had access to "private" ranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MF&G has a great reputation here and would be fine for pure shooting. No shooting sports, but nice outdoor ranges.

Just some correction/update on MF&G:

- Cowboy Action Shooting on the 2nd Saturday started up again late Spring and I believe is from September to next Summer (probably June?).
- Four new picnic benches were just delivered to the picnic area. There is some talk about having a family BBQ, I don't know any possible details.
- Archery range is new and is in use.
- Fishing is right behind the 100 yd range. It is Canoe River, although I think it is all dried up right now due to the drought. I'm told there is good fishing and canoeing there normally.
- There is an active juniors program thru the Summer each year.

I'll have to read up a little too: I'd just assume high levels wouldn't be good for the swimmers, haha.

Seems like a nice close location... and decent price. I do have to figure out how often is frequent the place: maybe the $20 an hour at AFS would be worth it.

Did Angle Tree ever get busy? Any shady members?

High lead levels aren't good for anything. My first club had essentially no air intake on the indoor range. I'd shoot there by myself on a Sunday afternoon (lead only), run the fan, and for four days afterwards every time I blew my nose there was black crud amongst the mucus. When I toured Braintree R&P I was in seventh heaven to learn of the HEPA filtration system on the indoor range. A year later I quit my first club after 24 years of membership.

As for shady members, the RAT is allegedly (word from those that know folks there) a big player there. He left MF&G shortly after the BassPro fiasco and became very active at Angletree, or so I've been told.

not shady at all, members i've met are the best part of Angle Tree. It's 100% fudd tho. Rifles off benches, 5 shots in mags etc. I didn't pay the extra for the indoor pistol range because i thought it too restrictive. i've been a member for a couple of years but i wonder why daily, lol. i also belong to Taunton and it's 200% better all around. PM me if you want details on either.

regarding $20/hr at afs, how often can you shoot indoors? if you can shoot indoors alot, then i'd say afs>angle tree

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom