An Update on GOAL, The Foundation, and TOM

Mike, great information, and a great job by GOAL in rallying the troops for these encroachments.

Out of curiosity, is there a flip side of this list, where the moonbats have prevailed? Or is the batting record 1.000 against them right now?

Only one town passed something that I'm aware of. Lincoln passed an article which bans "carrying firearms" on town conservation land. Unfortunately GOAL didn't hear about it until the day after the vote had been taken.

This is why GOAL is urging people who care to get involved at the town level and keep a close eye on proposals coming before city/town leadership.

- - - Updated - - -

Boston AW ban.

This was well before my time with GOAL.

Since many years ago the City of Boston's Counsel allegedly told Glidden that Counsel didn't think that the Boston AWB was enforceable and had never been prosecuted, I'm not sure Boston would bitch about it.
I've spoken to ADA's about that.

They only use it to "hold" a suspect until they can charge them with something else. Then they drop that charge.

One other thing to keep in mind is that voter turnout at most elections in general and primary elections in particular are declining.

The day GOAL can walk into a legislator's office and say "We represent 350,000 gun owners who always vote" is the day things will start changing. So go join, and vote.

There was an article going around after Stephen Lynch lost the Senatorial primary stating that he was suckered into denouncing the NRA by Markey and if he'd kept his mouth shut he'd be Senator. Because gun owners, who were planning to vote against Markey, stayed home.

Last edited:
Comm2A does not file legislation. Comm2a files lawsuits.

GOAL and Comm2a are two sides of a coin. GOAL tries to prevent bad legislation from being passed in the first place. Comm2a tries to get bad laws that have already been passed eliminated via the justice system. Both are needed.

Unfortunately, we don't have the votes on Beacon Hill to pass good gun legislation. That isn't GOAL's fault. As long as most legislators are anti-gun, GOAL will always be fighting a rearguard action.

The NRA defers to GOAL in MA.

^^This

Supporting GOAL at the expense of Comm2A or supporting Comm2A at the expense of GOAL is widely stupid and shortsighted. We both rely upon numbers in our attempts to fix this state.

^^This

Supporting GOAL at the expense of Comm2A or supporting Comm2A at the expense of GOAL is widely stupid and shortsighted. We both rely upon numbers in our attempts to fix this state.
+1 we need them both. And while I'm soliciting don't forget SAF (Second Amendment Foundation) in Bellvue Washington. They put their money to use litigating case on a national AND LOCAL level. They have spent time/money in MA. They were one of the parties in the Draper vs. Coakley lawsuit (Now Draper vs. Healy)

Back
Top Bottom