Amoskeag Auction March 24-25

Trust me, I factor that in ahead of time. There were about a dozen guns on my list, and every other one went for well over the price I was willing to pay for it. The internet bidders really killed it.
Looks like I'll be sticking to gb then.

Some of the prices were crazy. I noticed some new firearms going for just about MSRP by the time the premium was added on.
I did see someone score a nice rifle though

Look at the rifle real good, Marlin never made a round bolt pistol caliber rifle . The gun is basically a scaled down 336 believe me Ive been collecting for over 45 year's and do alot of homework before dropping 4k , I was lucky that Amoskeag didn't know what the had or I would been stuck paying 2-3 times as much.

Huh? That's an insane price for a modern lever gun. Or did someone edit the price for a joke? Jeez...

What 1919 said.
We’re uncovering the story bit by bit and there is a good overview on marlinowners about this rifle.

Pretty amazing story with some pretty amazing people involved.

So, out of curiosity, if I were to order an M57 and it came with a serial showing manufacture after 1968, what do I do?
In my C&R book from the ATF it's got Russian/Soviet manufacture Tokarevs with corresponding date range, but I don't see Yugoslavian/Zastava manufactured ones anywhere.

Do you just go with the:
"Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event" angle? I know the book is not exhaustive, I'm just wondering what the deal is since I won't know ahead of time which specific piece I am receiving.

All of my historical pieces were either purchased in person, via an auction on a specific piece (in those cases I am going for a specific piece so I know the year of manufacture prior to purchase, like for example the Lee-Enfield) or via the CMP (special case) or groupbuy where FFL was involved, so this would be my first "black box" C&R purchase.

Has to be 50 years old or specified like the P1 Walther
T
I'm wondering about the third category:

To be recognized as C&R items, 478.11 specifies that firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;

2. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

3. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

After losing out on a couple CZ-82 packages that climbed to a little under $400 shipped, my consolation prize should arrive at the end of this week (or presumably Monday if I am not around to sign).

Back
Top Bottom