• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Amoskeag No. 129

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
There's a police P. 08, a SVT-40, and a couple Mauser Standard Modells that I could be persuaded to buy. I'll see how things go.

I was looking at the K98’s as a possibility, any recommendations on a particular lot and price range. I know you guys are very knowledgeable on the milsurp front. I would plan on taking it to the range and use it on occasion so it doesn’t have to be a safe queen.

I was looking at the K98’s as a possibility, any recommendations on a particular lot and price range. I know you guys are very knowledgeable on the milsurp front. I would plan on taking it to the range and use it on occasion so it doesn’t have to be a safe queen.

If you're looking for a shooter-grade K98k and this is your first or you're not especially interested in collector value, look into Russian-captured K98ks and Zastava M98/48s, also known as "Preduzece 44".

I looked through the catalog yesterday and I don't remember seeing anything that was estimated to sell for less than $800-1100. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just unlikely.

If you find a lot you like, post it and ask questions.

There's been a few things I've been tracking but the prices have sure surged for the online auction towards the end, unsurprisingly. Add in the 17% premium and it gets pricey quickly.

That, and I have a GB auction ending tonight that I'm interested in.

Threw in the towel on the last item I was going for.
Was the high bidder with a couple minutes left, but just went too high for me.

Hungarian Mosin (their version of M44). Would have ticked a few boxes, but $530+ final price was more than I was willing to part with.

Especially considering I have another C&R shipping out to me today...

Looks like the catalog is coming out tomorrow, 3/5:

View attachment 457292
The auction was crazy and the prices were insane on the k98’s. Did score the French one for the kid to shoot
Like many gun-related things, Amoskeague was a great source even 2 auctions ago...this one was blah... and prices were nuts
Any of you guys know if Amoskeag is okay with shipping pistols to dealers in MA?

I emailed them but they’re closed until Monday. Figured I’d ask to see if anyone has dealt with them aside from milsurp rifles

Back
Top Bottom