Amoskeag Auction March 24-25

Some very beautiful rifles and pistols in their auction catalog...

These used to be fun. Watching "Stretch" Kennedy (RIP) outbid people just because he could. Now a lot more of the auctions are won either on the phone or online, but Jason is in business to make money for his consignees and himself - so be it. The best chance to win something now is on the silent auction items.

If I'm gonna get blown out of the water on everything, maybe it's not worth my time...

Not really sure how these work anyway.

remember you'll pay between 15-20% on top of your winning bid for the privilege of winning. This buyer's premium bs pisses me off when they're already taking a commission off the seller's side. Its worse that ebay!

remember you'll pay between 15-20% on top of your winning bid for the privilege of winning. This buyer's premium bs pisses me off when they're already taking a commission off the seller's side. Its worse that ebay!

The pretty full color catalog doesn't print itself. ;)

30$ for the catalog is cheap when you think about what info it has and the estimated value along with the pics. I mark mine as the prices bid and use that as future offers on other places. It is well worth it.

I might pass on this one then...while interesting, I don't know if I have the scratch to really go for anything in the ranges I am seeing plus the premium. Some nice looking pieces for sure though.

I'm mainly looking for a C&R pistol since I don't have any. There's plenty of rifles I'd like to have but my ratio of pistols to rifles is way off.

Nothing in particular in mind but not looking to spend a lot, either.
Maybe I'll just get a Tokarev or a vz 50.

yeah, Tim...those of us that kept our dollars in our wallets to take our better halves out to dinner instead of paying auction fees :D

i love these auctions...if only to dream about someday being able to own some of this junk. right now i'm on a 'shooters only' budget. i know that means nothing to you because you shoot all your vintage stuff, but when I say 'shooter' i mean that i'm probably going to dip the muzzle into the stone dust at OCSA when going from standing to prone once or twice...and then shoot the dirt out of the muzzle and into the x-ring where it bounces off the paper with no bullet attached...a hit's a hit though ;D

I tried bouncing berm debris up onto the target with 8mm Mauser last year, think I scored 5 points?

Well, there are shooters, and there are shooters. I built a Mauser up from a RC barreled action a year ago. Total cost $400, and it is my best shooter - posted a 94/1X in our summer games.

t
IMG_2618.jpg

I've attended several and made purchases there in the past. Some great items, however you're going to pay average or a bit higher on everything. Many items I was interested in were blown sky high by phone bidders. This happened consistently with C&R items. Definitely a fun event to attend even if only buying one item. I like how you can examine every piece in the preview.

Looks like most of the Lugers went for the high end of their projected range or outright above it.
It's interesting since I had read a while ago that the Luger market was "down" and prices had been falling a bit in auctions.
I guess that's bittersweet; if they went on the low-end I'd be mad at myself for not going, but with them being high, it means I won't be going in for one anytime soon.

As stated in the other thread I'm thinking pistol right now, but I have to admit I'm tempted to begin the seemingly annual poking around for a K98 and/or '03.

including buyers premiums and fees? or was that icing on the cake :D

Trust me, I factor that in ahead of time. There were about a dozen guns on my list, and every other one went for well over the price I was willing to pay for it. The internet bidders really killed it.

Back
Top Bottom