Amoskeag Auction 11/19+20

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 9.17.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 9.17.45 PM.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 41
Those are awesome- I think there is a video of one shooting somewhere in cyberspace. And we thought 50 BMG's were cool...

I have some play money again and the blessing of Mrs. Mountain. Maybe a sweet K31 or perhaps go all out for a nice shooter grade Mauser. Not often that an auction comes up with good timing for me. Maybe I'll just be practical and do something for the house.

Looks like a lot of nice stuff. The Maxim Pompom didn't sell up in Maine, maybe you could go for a consolation prize?
maxim-pom-pom-e1473800218632.jpg

I do find it a little comical that after scrolling through pages of nice historical pieces, something random like an M&P 40 will popup.

There are so many milsurps I'd like to have, but I fear I'm ten years too late. Other than the M1, the other "have to have" for me would be a K98; I'm thinking I'll end up with an RC some day.

I need to stop reading about Springfields, because I'll end up wanting one of those, too. And I already was interested in an Enfield....and a K31 and...

One question since I rarely browse auctions, is the last number/range an expected value? So (10,000-15,000) is the rough value as determined by the auction house?

Looks like a lot of nice stuff. The Maxim Pompom didn't sell up in Maine, maybe you could go for a consolation prize?
maxim-pom-pom-e1473800218632.jpg

I do find it a little comical that after scrolling through pages of nice historical pieces, something random like an M&P 40 will popup.

There are so many milsurps I'd like to have, but I fear I'm ten years too late. Other than the M1, the other "have to have" for me would be a K98; I'm thinking I'll end up with an RC some day.

I need to stop reading about Springfields, because I'll end up wanting one of those, too. And I already was interested in an Enfield....and a K31 and...

One question since I rarely browse auctions, is the last number/range an expected value? So (10,000-15,000) is the rough value as determined by the auction house?

I say if your going to buy anything that you would like to shoot the K31 and ammo are about the best deal out there right now.... if I had a few disposible bucks i would buy a another shooter grade k31 and several thousand rounds of ammo...

I say if your going to buy anything that you would like to shoot the K31 and ammo are about the best deal out there right now.... if I had a few disposible bucks i would buy a another shooter grade k31 and several thousand rounds of ammo...
I do think a straight pull would be cool. One of the vendors I follow will have a few K31s up for sale in a couple of days. My safe will only fit one more rifle right now though, so I think I have to keep it aside for the M1.

Do any of you guys know much about Luger P08s? That, Makarov and Colt SAA are the three pistols I'd be most interested in. P38s are cool too. Of those four, I'd be most interested in the P08. I heard shooters can be found for $650-$1000.

I do think a straight pull would be cool. One of the vendors I follow will have a few K31s up for sale in a couple of days. My safe will only fit one more rifle right now though, so I think I have to keep it aside for the M1.

Do any of you guys know much about Luger P08s? That, Makarov and Colt SAA are the three pistols I'd be most interested in. P38s are cool too. Of those four, I'd be most interested in the P08. I heard shooters can be found for $650-$1000.
08s are pretty rough in the sub 1k range that i have handled..maybe a commercial variant for a shooter.
I have looked at six over the years and im a shooting collector.. all six failed to function at time of sale.

There's one at Collectors in Stoneham...

41574 Mauser P.08 Luger code 42, 1940 chamber date, not all matching numbers pistol 9mm blue $999.99

08s are pretty rough in the sub 1k range that i have handled..maybe a commercial variant for a shooter.
I have looked at six over the years and im a shooting collector.. all six failed to function at time of sale.

Figured as much, that's a little depressing. I made the cardinal sin of not realizing I was looking at pretty old info before. I don't have any milsurp/C&R pistols and figured that I should try to rectify that sometime, plus as I mentioned before that the safe is full for rifles other than the spot reserved for M1. Was trying to decide on something to "shoot" for and set my sights on and I always thought P08s were cool. I passed up an East German Makarov a few months back that I regret a bit. It was a 1962 year based on the code. It wasn't pristine but it wasn't bad either. Guess I'll keep saving.

How about a P1 - the postwar version of the P38 - will run between $400-500. A war time P38 will be $700 and up.

T

I passed up an East German Makarov a few months back that I regret a bit. It was a 1962 year based on the code. It wasn't pristine but it wasn't bad either. Guess I'll keep saving.

These aren't a lot of fun to shoot, hard on the hands IMO. A CZ82 is much better and 13 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom