ammunition stored separately

You can't find any stories because they don't exist.

Take a look at this video put out by SAAMI:

[video=youtube_share;3SlOXowwC4c]http://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c[/video]

Its long, but you can skip forward.

You can't find any stories because they don't exist.

Take a look at this video put out by SAAMI:

[video=youtube_share;3SlOXowwC4c]http://youtu.be/3SlOXowwC4c[/video]

Its long, but you can skip forward.

I conceded already, now you're gloating. ;-)

I'm not going to watch another 25 minute video but that may be the same video I referred to earlier where they set up sheetrock near a fire. If I'm not mistaken it was by the trailer fire. But my memory could be off.

I keep all my ammo locked in a utility cabinet in my basement. Stores all my other shooting supplies and gun parts as well.

It has enough space that I can group ammo by caliber and recognize at a glance what is getting low.

I keep all my ammo locked in a utility cabinet in my basement. Stores all my other shooting supplies and gun parts as well.

It has enough space that I can group ammo by caliber and recognize at a glance what is getting low.

If all that will occupy only ONE utility cabinet, you just don't have enough ammo! [laugh]

I'm a new gun owner from MA. I was quoting the legal summary I was given from my safety class. Let me check that again.

Also my wifes comfort level fluctuates (we have a 5 year old) so I want everything locked all the times.

I wasn't sure if ammo should be locked like a firearm on the way to the range.

Bill

if there are combo locks, then one safe is fine. If it is a keyed lock, then there is a real chance the kid will find the key someday.

But why worry? He is old enough to learn to shoot. Take him out in the woods and let him plink away with a .22 rifle. If you belong to a gun range that has not gone full retard and banned young kids, take him there to shoot. The best way for him to be safe is to
1) take the "thrill" out of sneaking in and taking daddy's gun (solved by him running thru a few bricks of .22)
2) makes sure he knows trigger discipline, not to ever point a gun at another person, to always treat a gun as if it was loaded.
3) you can skip this and keep your gun locked up tighter than a nun's snatch, but what happens if he is over a friends house, and they find a loaded gun over there? Best if he actually knows what to do!

Back
Top Bottom