Ammo Run - Holy Moly!!

I'm working here at DSG in Pittsfield and have hardly left the counter...I don't know what got into people today, but there has been a run on ammo like I have never seen before...9mm, .40 S&W, 45ACP, 223 - all flying out the door - regardless of price...It's madness...

One of the women working at Cabella's laughed when I asked about primers.

This buying frenzy is wearing thin on me. Personally if I can not get ammo or rifles/handguns at a reasonable price now I will just wait and use the money I save now to re-stock later.

Once again, this is a reminder for me:

...I'm glad I stocked up a while ago.

.45, .38, .357, .357 sig, .308, .380, & 7.62x39 are all hard to find these days.

9mm and .40 are the only things that havent become almost impossible to find easily.

man, i cant wait for the wars to end and the ammo market to rebound. i cant wait for the cheap new surplus 5.56nato, 7.62nato, 39, 54R and 9mm.

.45, .38, .357, .357 sig, .308, .380, & 7.62x39 are all hard to find these days.

9mm and .40 are the only things that havent become almost impossible to find easily.

man, i cant wait for the wars to end and the ammo market to rebound. i cant wait for the cheap new surplus 5.56nato, 7.62nato, 39, 54R and 9mm.

Not in the last 3 days! I steered a friend to Rileys for Sm Rifle primers, they laughed at him. That was 3 days ago. You will never see ammo come down. The importers and second houses have you by the balls. Glad I have over 24000 rounds + reloading supplies. No I'm not selling!

The Obama clan seems to know that going after our guns is a bad idea but there's nothing in the 2nd amendment that says we have a right to ammunition. I've been waiting for some smart polititian to figure out that if they stop the ammo, they don't need to go after our guns. I think they've finally figured it out.

The Obama clan seems to know that going after our guns is a bad idea but there's nothing in the 2nd amendment that says we have a right to ammunition.

Actually it does, since arms are pointless without ammo. Clearly the founding fathers intended that we could have arms that would actually accomplish something (like fire ammo). Since ammo was included in the original intent of the 2nd amendment, it is included.

Never happen,the days of cheap surplus are long gone.

Not in the last 3 days! I steered a friend to Rileys for Sm Rifle primers, they laughed at him. That was 3 days ago. You will never see ammo come down. The importers and second houses have you by the balls. Glad I have over 24000 rounds + reloading supplies. No I'm not selling!

primers are ultra hard to get ahold of. luckily for me i dont have the space to run a reloading setup. bullets and powder in certain types and brands are also incredibly hard to get.

luckily for me, and partly thanks to yourself i have a good steady stockpile of my favorite round, 7.62x54r.

i wouldnt be so sure. in my opinion when OIF and OEF eventualy end the massive amounts of ammo that are being used will stop and there will be a stockpile of it, just like any other long conflict.

Damn, I'm over flowing with bullets ATM. I am in need of small rifle primers. I should have bought 'em when I saw them a week or two ago...darn me for thinking I had 4k of them....

i wouldnt be so sure. in my opinion when OIF and OEF eventualy end the massive amounts of ammo that are being used will stop and there will be a stockpile of it, just like any other long conflict.

Thanks to Clinton's executive order,we won't see any of that ammo on a massive scale.Sure,a while ago you could find genuine LC M855 in the sealed can,but it was rare.

Besides,wholesalers and retailers alike have found that there is no price point on ammo,they raise the price,people keep on buying.

Would you sell something for $1.00 if you knew people would pay $2.00 for it ?

The Obama clan seems to know that going after our guns is a bad idea but there's nothing in the 2nd amendment that says we have a right to ammunition. I've been waiting for some smart polititian to figure out that if they stop the ammo, they don't need to go after our guns. I think they've finally figured it out.

Yes, the founders clearly wanted us to be able to protect ourselves with paper weights that are shaped like firearms.

I just picked up a 12 guage, and have not been paying attention to availability and prices. How do inventories of shotgun ammo compare to riflle and handgun?

I had no issue getting 12Ga target loads at Wal-Mart.

Eventually everyone will run out of money and prices will start coming back down. Unless of course something happens on the political side, then all bets are off.

One of the women working at Cabella's laughed when I asked about primers.

This buying frenzy is wearing thin on me. Personally if I can not get ammo or rifles/handguns at a reasonable price now I will just wait and use the money I save now to re-stock later.

Amen. I am starting to get ticked off over the hoarding. People are buying on speculation, more on that later, and they aren't necessarily buying for their own use or SHTF scenarios.

They used to say that if you didn't buy a house this year, you would be priced out of the market. Seen that market lately?

Thanks to Clinton's executive order,we won't see any of that ammo on a massive scale.Sure,a while ago you could find genuine LC M855 in the sealed can,but it was rare.

Besides,wholesalers and retailers alike have found that there is no price point on ammo,they raise the price,people keep on buying.

Would you sell something for $1.00 if you knew people would pay $2.00 for it ?

This market is starting to exhibit some really broken fundamentals. That is not to say that the suppliers are falling for it and doing things to harm their long term financial health (such as what was occurring in the RE market recently), but there will come a time where some may start to believe their is no bottom and this could be bad for shooting sports over the long haul if they start ramping production by borrowing. I just hope they keep in perspective and just crank out as much as they can with current production and price accordingly.

The founding fathers clearly intended for us to have firearms to defend ourselves, yet look how long it took the Supreme Court to decide that was true. If you believe Obama and his pals will give you the benefit of the doubt regarding ammunition,then look out your window in the morning. You might see the Easter Bunny.

All of the problems we are having now...banks, jobs, housing, guns and ammo, commercial real estate, auto makers...all due to government interference in our lives and in the free market.

i have been having a hell of a time finding 9mm recently. i was at FS this afternoon and all they had for 9mm target ammo was a few hundred rounds of WWB/50 rds. i bought 100 rounds since i already have a few hundred but wanted a little extra.

i also bought some 5.56 as i usually will pick up at least a box whenever i am buying something else "just in case".

almost walked out with a glock 19 as well but it was close to $800 and that wasn't in the budget for today.

I went shooting today with my cousin who owns a Beretta 92. He called up 5 different places and went into a few different other stores. Not one had 9mm ammo of any sort. One store said they had a 7 month backorder on it.

holy hell, 7 month backorder? that is insanity.

usually i've been able to snag 9mm locally whenever i am out but recently it's been a PITA to find. makes me wish i bought more at the fitchburg show.

Back
Top Bottom