Ammo Prices

Feral

NES Member
apologize in advance if this posted in the wrong area,
moderator please fell free to relocate..
looking for ammo for my garand (30-06) for the mil-surp shoot
Is $75 for a can (192 round of greek ammo with clips and bandoliers)
reasonable.

p.s. this is pricing from a massachusetts dealer

GREEK .30-06

NLU 407-CASE - Greek .30-06 ammunition HXP (Pyrkal) manufacture, Boxer primed. Non-corrosive. Headstamp varies HXP62-HXP80. Bullet attracts magnet. 768 rounds per case. Packaged in 8 round clips in bandoleers. 192 rounds per spam can, 4 spam cans per wooden case. Weight of case 73 lbs. Price is $200.00 per case. S&H per case $38.00.
Well, you can get 4 of those for $238 by ordering it from the CMP, so if you don't want to go to the effort of ordering, or spending $238 for ammo, I guess it's not TOO bad... but if you have the $$$, I'd get it from the CMP. My slide rule tells me that that's about $59.50/spam can - a $15.50 savings for buying 4 of them.

Last edited:
YES it was in the wrong place. Please learn how to post new threads and not put threads off-topic.

Moved.

Thanks.

Well, you can get 4 of those for $238 by ordering it from the CMP, so if you don't want to go to the effort of ordering, or spending $238 for ammo, I guess it's not TOO bad... but if you have the $$$, I'd get it from the CMP. My slide rule tells me that that's about $59.50/spam can - a $15.50 savings for buying 4 of them.

That's strange, it's more expensive to get a case than just individual from CMP....

NLU 407-CAN - Greek .30-06 ammunition. HXP (Pyrkal) manufacture. Bullet attracts magnet. Boxer primed. Packaged in 8 round clips in bandoleers. 192 rounds per spam can. Price per individual can $50.00. S&H is $8.95 per case. S&H to Alaska or Hawaii is $19.95 per can.

Which is 58.95 vs 59.50

I'd suspect that the weight of a full case has a lot to do with it - if that's over 70 lbs I think that a special surcharge comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom