• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ammo box color choices

what color ?

• garden gate green, its more of a solid stain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ammo box on left , satin italian olive

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • plank on right , Krylon Camo flat

• i could get a quart mixed with one of these, but that requires spending money

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mac1911

NES Member
5ETfHQSm.jpg

Color choices from stuff I already have kicking around
8D97aG1h.jpg

would have to buy...looks like artichoke is the better match. So far Benjamin Moore had the closest to what I would call "army" colors.
q074gN6l.jpg

Last edited:
Now tung or BLO
qQUuR7s.jpg

E8J1rdF.jpg

I did not have anything kicking around to make the steel reinforcement strap and I did not make the cut outs for the steel rod that goes through the inside which I did not get with the cases. CMP sent them steel banded to me. Instead I just used some deck screws to reinforce the connection in that area.

threaded rod went through bottom to top to keep the lids on maybe some day I will make a really nice reproduction?
CXshEOi.jpg

Used up some scrap and odd/end nails and screws. few minutes in-between real work

Last edited:
decided to take a chance and just paint it. Found a olive green spray paint at Lowes?

in case your memory is failing along with your eyesight...the new course of fire at OCSA is only 35 rounds...unless you're bringing enough to share on Sunday?
recent remodel has forced me to store my ammo in different location...this size crate just happens to fit very well. I need to find some "nice" pallets like to find a heavy duty one with 3/4" plank vs the 3/8 and 1/2"

Well I went with the olive green...
I also screwed up. I went to load up the tins and the cover did not fit. What did I do wrong?
Well I bought a new blade before I finished cutting up the pieces. Well this new blade had a wider Kerf ? and it was just enough to screw me when I ripped the boards to thickness. No big deal I will load it with other items

Dado, if you are going to be making a lot of these...

039725028211.jpg
Heck I did not want to spend the $18 for the new blade on my pos table saw. It’s a cheap craftsman about 15 years old. f***ing plastic on it has deteriorated and it’s falling appart. Only reason this got done is I had to dig out the “carpenter” tools to do the work in the house. When I’m done it gets buried deep back into the shed

Fair enough! [smile]
My work space is getting even smaller after this remodel. I would like a nice table saw to make things. I have so many small projects I would like to do. I want to build a few small banks with some antique mall box doors. Also I want to build a repro Yugoslavia’s ammo crate. It has some dove tail joints that need slightly better tools than I have at the moment

Mac, I'm sure there are many carpenters/craftsmen here that would not hesitate to lend you a tool or have you over for a little "build" party.
You are an asset to NES.
~Matt

Back
Top Bottom