• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ames

I WAS a member of that club.

I chose NOT to renew my membership for numerous reasons.

That's all that I will say about the matter.

I've been a member for about two years. The facilities are decent, and are getting better all the time. I haven't been shooting in a while, so I don't know what they've done over the Summer.

The people that I've met there have been pretty friendly. Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 7:30. I can't speak for the executive board, but I don't think they'd mind at all if you came to a meeting. That way you can look around, talk to a few people, and get a better idea of what it looks like.

The costs are reasonable. They run frequent work parties, but so do most clubs I think.

Gary

I just looking for a place that is closer to my house that I can shoot steal and has 300 yards. They seem to fit the bill

They'll hang you by your thumbs if they catch you stealing! [wink]

On a serious note:

- Ask them for a written copy of their club and range rules. Read them carefully if you are lucky enough to get them (I tried for 3 years and finally was told by an officer that they weren't all written in any one place), and determine if their rules will let you do what you desire to do at that club. [I recommend this to everyone no matter what club that they are seriously looking to join.]

- When I joined, they allowed you to bring your own steel targets (I own a few suitable for large caliber handgun). When I quit, the rules had been changed so that you could only use the club's steel targets. This was a year ago, so check what the current rules are.

Back
Top Bottom