• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ame's Rifle& Pistol in Easton Ma

The steel is set up on the "Reactive Pistol Range"

"Reactive metal targets are set up from 15 feet to 50 feet. Pistols up to .45 caliber and shotguns with shot (no slugs) are allowed on this range. NO BOTTLENECK CARTRIDGES ARE TO BE USED ON THIS RANGE EVEN IF SHOT FROM A PISTOL."

http://www.amesrpclub.com/pages/tour1.php

http://www.amesrpclub.com/assets/cdimages/P7030018.JPG`

correct, yes... missed the rifle part [wink]

Ames Rifle and Pistol club of Easton

The Ames gun club is a really good place with excellent facilities. They have an outdoor reactive pistol range, an archery range, 100 yard range and 300 yeard range. They also have an excellent indoor range as well. The 300 yard outdoor range has a heated enclosure for the cold months. It is a member's only club but the member ship fees are quite reasonable. The club is kept in good shape and they do regular maintenance. They are currently working on increasing the height of the burms at the club. For more info check out their site.

http://www.amesrpclub.com/index.php

Any members at Ames Rifle & Pistol Club in N. Easton MA

I am interested in joining this club. The application on their website says applications must be made in person. Will I need to attend a meeting to apply?

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about his club?

Thanks ahead of time for any further information

I am interested in joining this club. The application on their website says applications must be made in person. Will I need to attend a meeting to apply?

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about his club?

Thanks ahead of time for any further information

THe meeting is this monday night. I'm pretty sure that you need to attend. Otherwise you need to make arangements with the President to join.

So far the club has been great. They are making a lot of improvements and have a lot to offer.

When I joined i did my paperwork and paid at Zero Hour Arms the owner is on the BOD but i dunno if they still let you do that or not.

When I joined i did my paperwork and paid at Zero Hour Arms the owner is on the BOD but i dunno if they still let you do that or not.

I think they still do. As Supermoto said, they accept applications at the Monday meetings. Also, if you go down there on Saturdays, there is usually someone who can take your money and give you your key and membership card.

It's a pretty relaxed club at least from what I've read of other clubs on the forums here.

Gary

Ames Pistol & Rifle club?

I was wondering if anyone had any information on Ames rifle and pistol club. Anyone know if it's a good club how the members are. I'm looking for a club in the Canton area that has a pistol range and a long range. Thanx for any info.

Braintree R&P www.brp.org is one of the best clubs around. Rifle limited to 100 yds however. Best indoor range in the area, HEPA filtered and jacketed ammo allowed (as is black powder indoors on that range).

Holbrook is another good club, don't know URL or max range however.

Most of these clubs have been discussed here before and have dedicated threads with lots of good info. Use the ADVANCED search mechanism here for this sub-forum and you should find lots of info.

There are a slew of clubs in the Canton area.

I belong to both Ames and Braintree. Braintree has a much nicer indoor range, but Ames has better rifle ranges. I have not been to Braintree in a little bit but I know according to the bylaws there was supposed to be a range officer present to use the outdoor ranges. No such requirement at Ames. Ames' has a 300 yrd rifle range where you shoot from a heated shooting shed which is nice. Braintree also has trap which Ames doesn't.

Canton fish and game brotha. its nice and quiet there. Small club lookin for members. Cheap too. Send them a letter or goto a meeting.

Last edited:
My father is still a member at Braintree. If you want to shoot outdoors make an appointment, but dont expect to have it kept. Every time I've gone to Braintree with him a range officer is nowhere to be found. Indoor is nice, well lit and good evac system. I am a member at Ames. It is a great range and I would not consider the former if Ames was an option. It has a nice outdoor reactive target range for pistol, nice 100 yd range with a three sided building to block some of the wind. Two and three hundred is in an enclosed heated structure. The indoor range is fine.

Good luck, I dont think you'll be disapointed if you choose Ames.

Canton fish and game brotha. its nice and quiet there. Small club lookin for members. Cheap too. Send them a letter or goto a meeting.

What type of ranges do they have at cf&g the website doesnt say much. It only says two ranges for trap and pistol.

Ames is a great club, people are cool. Bad attitudes not allowed every one shows respect and is very helpfull. I live in Canton and shoot on Sundays if you want to come. CF&G never responded to a message and an email, I don't think they have much to offer. Check out Ames.

Ames is a great club, people are cool. Bad attitudes not allowed every one shows respect and is very helpfull. I live in Canton and shoot on Sundays if you want to come. CF&G never responded to a message and an email, I don't think they have much to offer. Check out Ames.
Looks like i'm interested in longer shooting so ames sounds like a good fit with their 300 yd range. Thanx for the offer to take me down there I will have to take you up on that on of these sundays.

Ames member here. Great guys. No bs-ers allowed. The 300 yard rifle range is great, and the club officers are super friendly, and helpful to old hands as well as the new guy.

Braintree R&P www.brp.org is one of the best clubs around. Rifle limited to 100 yds however. Best indoor range in the area, HEPA filtered and jacketed ammo allowed (as is black powder indoors on that range).

Holbrook is another good club, don't know URL or max range however.

Most of these clubs have been discussed here before and have dedicated threads with lots of good info. Use the ADVANCED search mechanism here for this sub-forum and you should find lots of info.

There are a slew of clubs in the Canton area.

Hey,

I have started to figure it out. You will tell everyone about the Braintree club and ignore 5 clubs in between the person and the Braintree Club.

How about the two clubs in Sharon? Or the Club in Easton? Or the Club in Avon or Holbrook?

Those are lot closer to the OP. 3 of the 5 have outdoor shooting ranges.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom