Am I just a pansy? Holy cow.

Goliathan

NES Member
It's my first experience with a new gun. The mag is so hard to load it's ridiculous [laugh]

I can't get all 10 in. I picked up a mag loader which definitely helps, but I still can't get that last one in there.

Gotta be because of the new mag spring, right?

My M&P 9c was the same i had to load 9 rounds put it in chamber 1 and take out to put 1 more in to make it 9+1 i bought a few mags and i think 1 of them holds 10 with no probs

I have an m and p 45. The 10th round was a bitch when i first got the gun. After a couple trips to the range they got easier to load.

It's my first experience with a new gun. The mag is so hard to load it's ridiculous [laugh]

I can't get all 10 in. I picked up a mag loader which definitely helps, but I still can't get that last one in there.

Good thing ya don't live in NH. Seventeen rounds you might break a nail....

Even with the UPLULA, I can't get more than 9 in into my mags.

UPLULA is great for the first 9 on MP9c, but it wont help me with that 10th. I can manage to get in there if I REALLY want to. Range time, I don't really care if its 9 vs 10 but when it goes back after the range its topped off with a full 10. Its doable, just difficult.

My sig mags were like that, to the point where I kept cutting my thumb trying to load them. I forcefully loaded them each with 10 rounds with the speedloader (last round was a pain) and just let them sit loaded in my range bag in between trips to the range. They loosened up and can now be loaded to 10 by hand, although I still prefer using the uplula.

UpLula is fantastic for loading mags. Best solution I could find is to load the magazines with the as close to capacity as you can and leave them loaded for a few days.

Go to the range, blast them off and reload them. The springs will have been conditioned and become easier to load. I had the same problem with my M&P mags as well.

Then, after you get stronger thumbs, make sure you practice hand loading the magazines every now and then, just so "pansy thumb" never comes back.

Last edited:

If it's an M&P its because S&W ****ed up the follower design and made it pure shit. Other cripplemags are almost as bad but the M&P ones are the worst, unless you take the followers out and shave the legs down a little.

-Mike

If it's an M&P its because S&W ****ed up the follower design and made it pure shit. Other cripplemags are almost as bad but the M&P ones are the worst, unless you take the followers out and shave the legs down a little.

-Mike

It is the full-size M&P 9. I do notice that there doesn't seem to be any place for the round to push -downward- on the follower. The shape of the follower's ramp seems to want to make most of the pressing-down force of a cartridge jam the follower sideways, which can't be helping with the stiff spring. I used my pinky to jam the follower down to get the first round under the retaining tabs (what are those called?), and it went slightly easier after that, until round 8 and 9.

Last edited:
All those that are having a hard time with their mags just send them to me as there is probably something wrong with them. No need to thank me I'm happy to unburden you.

Back
Top Bottom