• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alien Gear new Holster

Anyone try the new Shapeshift appendix holster? I'm looking at the one for the 238. They look like a good one. thanks

I have no experience with the AG appendix holster so take this with a grain of salt.

If you’re going AIWB I want would use only kydex holsters. I would want my holster to stay 100% wide open for reholstering and a soft backing doesn’t provide that.

I have no experience with the AG appendix holster so take this with a grain of salt.

If you’re going AIWB I want would use only kydex holsters. I would want my holster to stay 100% wide open for reholstering and a soft backing doesn’t provide that.

Thanks

Actually their new “shape shifter” is a clam shell (two halves). However my wife ordered one for a P938 and we were not impressed with it - cheap feeling polymer and bulky design.

Actually their new “shape shifter” is a clam shell (two halves). However my wife ordered one for a P938 and we were not impressed with it - cheap feeling polymer and bulky design.

Good to know. I was also planning to order one for my P938 because of the adjustable cant. Trying to find a way to carry IWB that doesn't dig into my ribcage and thought that would be a good option.

I have two shapeshift holsters--one for my G26 and one for my 1911. I actually like it quite a bit. I carry my G26 IWB, and I use the paddle attachment for the 1911. I'm not certain how well it would work for AIWB, but the starter kit does come with a backing pad for it.

Grab a holster from MK-TEK holsters in rockland, MA. I had an AG, tossed it when I had my hands on a nice holster from a local company.

Bumping this because it’s been nearly a full year since the last response, and I didn’t think starting a new thread would do much more than refer me to this thread. Does anyone else have feedback or has the product changed since this thread was started? I too am looking to carry a P238. Thanks in advance.

I tend to think that AlienGear mostly competes on price, which isn't what I usually want in a holster. But the hybrid holster market seems to have suffered some consolidation from when they were super popular a few years ago so I'm not sure what other choices are if you must have a big soft pad on one side.

I personally wouldn't carry a gun AIWB unless I already knew exactly what I wanted out of a holster, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the feedback. I have no plans to carry an AIWB anyways since I don’t find that to be a natural/comfortable position.

I also want to ensure the gun doesn’t suffer any superficial marks or scuffs that take away from the all black now, at least to the extent possible.

Too much work with a holster like that shapeshifter. Usually when a device tries to be too many things to too many needs, it ends up serving no needs satisfactorily.

Thanks for the feedback. I have no plans to carry an AIWB anyways since I don’t find that to be a natural/comfortable position.

I also want to ensure the gun doesn’t suffer any superficial marks or scuffs that take away from the all black now, at least to the extent possible.

Garrett Industries, the leather lining inside the Kydex protects the finish and makes the draw and reholster silent. But I don’t like their soft backing version since there’s no retention off the body, and I don’t find it’s that much more comfortable than the one with Kydex backing.

Back
Top Bottom