ALERT: Feinstein/Schumer sponsored gun legislation that amends the “Brady bill”

When it's all said and done, I'll probably stop voting. Sad state of affairs in the USA today.

I know what you mean. I've voted for exactly two people in my life that actually won an election. We desperately need to see more of these swamp critters get sucked down the drain. :mad:

I'm confused now.
I thought the fix NCIS deal was only supposed to make sure people like church shooter boy got put in when they were supposed to.
Is this just arm flapping or are the Republicans making sure they get pooned in 2018?
I was thinking they might not do much to help us, but passing something that will hurt us is a sure way to get ass bit.

Wanna guess what REALLY hurts legal gun-owners? There are people in the VA and SS who are JUST LIKE "church shooter boy"....and NICS has ZERO info on those people. Why not? If you want legislation to shore-up the Due Process for those folks, fine - but let's stop pretending that "nothing needs fixing" - the DoD culpability with Airman Kelley is MASSIVE, and will cost the Taxpayer a ton of money from lawsuits.

Last edited:
Wanna guess what REALLY hurts legal gun-owners? There are people in the VA and SS who are JUST LIKE "church shooter boy"....and NICS has ZERO info on those people. Why not? If you want legislation to shore-up the Due Process for those folks, fine - but let's stop pretending that "nothing needs fixing" - the DoD capability with Airman Kelley is MASSIVE, and will cost the Taxpayer a ton of money from lawsuits.

Just wow!!

Get past HIPPA laws then you might have a start. Costing taxpayers a ton of money compared to what??? Boinking aides grabbing ass or some twisted pervert in our state house having his husband sending nudes and grabbing other guys junk? Hollyweird has these perverts disgraced yet the politicians get a pass because they are better than the rest of us.

Are you sure your a gun owner? You're liberalism is showing very well. Letting the wackos out on the streets to roam among us isn't working very well if you haven't noticed.

There are plenty of laws and rules to prevent this crap by ENFORCING what is already on the books. No need to keep writing more stupid effing laws and there sure as hell isn't a single God damn reason to infringe on those of us who already jump thru hoops. Start placing blame where it belongs.

Follow the money. schmuck schumer never lays his hands on anything that doesn't benefit him monetarily.

All they are doing is setting up the country for a huge black market in guns to flourish and you can bet your ass it will. Face to face sales in many states require nothing but cash and those sales will skyrocket, just wait and see. Unintended Consequences.

The way to fix the NICS check bill is to add on personal civil / criminal penalties to it. Whoever, no matter how high in rank,was responsible to notify the FBI in the Texas Church shooter should be paying for this. That’s how you get people on gov’t to do their jobs.

Last edited:
Just wow!!

Get past HIPPA laws then you might have a start. Costing taxpayers a ton of money compared to what??? Boinking aides grabbing ass or some twisted pervert in our state house having his husband sending nudes and grabbing other guys junk? Hollyweird has these perverts disgraced yet the politicians get a pass because they are better than the rest of us.

Are you sure your a gun owner? You're liberalism is showing very well. Letting the wackos out on the streets to roam among us isn't working very well if you haven't noticed.

There are plenty of laws and rules to prevent this crap by ENFORCING what is already on the books. No need to keep writing more stupid effing laws and there sure as hell isn't a single God damn reason to infringe on those of us who already jump thru hoops. Start placing blame where it belongs.

The recent bouts of Congressional Grab-Ass pales, financially, to the Wrongful Death Lawsuits the Air Force and Uncle Sam are going to face because Airman Kelley's PP data wasn't turned-over to NICS like it was SUPPOSED-TO after his discharge. What part of that fact did you miss? I'm guessing InfoWars and Breitbart forgot to tell you - those checks will be written using our money.

This isn't an issue of needing a 'new law', it is a matter of executing on the existing law - that we agree. That data needs to flow thoroughly, frequently, and bi-directionally. PPs should be denied and reported with regularity, I don't see much that's 'new' here, or an infringement by any means. Background checks need to carry weight and substance.

You don't know the first thing about HIPAA, including how to spell it.

Just wow!!

The more I read the text of three different "fix NICS" bills, the more I think this is, as someone suggested, arm flapping by a couple of people. Those bills, as they stand now, fix problems with NICS that people on this forum have complained about. There are a lot of false "delayed" or even "denied" issues because the entities that are supposed to enter data into the database either enter the wrong information or don't update cases after they have been disposed of.

The problem of the military not entering information on disqualifying disciplinary cases has been going on for years, but until the last murders, ran underneath everyones' radar.

Why would the Rs even entertain Dem amendments? Do they need them to avoid a filibuster? If not, why not just write up a 2A friendly bill and shove it through?

If you read the bill, Feinstein and Schumer are only two of several co sponsors. They are not the people who proposed the amendment. Cornyn (R) of Texas is the sponsor. Cornyn is also a sponsor of the original reciprocity act. More and more it seems that the people pushing this issue are whipping up hysteria with little to support it. Cornyn also sponsored the original national reciprocity bill in the Senate in 2014.

Cornyn is the Majority Whip, which makes him the #2 guy in the Senate. His 2A credentials are solid, and he knows what a weasel Schumer is.

This bears watching, but I don't see it as a reason to kill the reciprocity bill. And I don't think the reciprocity bill in and of itself is a good idea.

Why would the Rs even entertain Dem amendments? Do they need them to avoid a filibuster? If not, why not just write up a 2A friendly bill and shove it through?

The way to fix the NICS check bill is to add on personal civil / criminal penalties to it. Whoever, no matter how high in rank,was responsible to notify the FBI in the Texas Church shooter should be paying for this. That’s how you get people on gov’t to do their jobs.

This was discussed in the Judiciary Committee hearing on the fix-NICS bill.
The bill already contains what they referred to as "civil" penalties, loss of OT and Bonus pay. An amendment was proposed that would add criminal penalties but it was ruled out of order. The reason had something to do with mixing criminal penalties on a bill that already contained civil penalties, at least that's what I got as the reason. I'm sure the real reason was they don't want to send any bureaucrats to jail.

Generally speaking the fix-NICS is nothing but a feel-good do nothing bill that will let the Dems say "see we did something". I also think both the Dems and Reps wanted the bump-stock thing on the fix-NCIS bill. The Dems so they can say they were able to overcome the mean nasty Reps. And the Reps so they can fully support HR38, and reluctantly support HR4477, thereby distancing themselves from the bump-stock BS.

Depends on what you call 2a friendly?

If you are talking con carry, then they probably don't have the votes to shove it through.

Even my idea of adding a specific preemption clause, which would prevent any state from adding any restriction above what is already fed law, probably wouldn't have enough support, yet. Give us a couple years of reciprocity with the low bar set by HR38, and the US not turning into a war zone, and this may sound better.

It's highly unlikely that govt. will fix anything. In fact the opposite is more likely.

Depends on what you call 2a friendly?

If you are talking con carry, then they probably don't have the votes to shove it through.

Even my idea of adding a specific preemption clause, which would prevent any state from adding any restriction above what is already fed law, probably wouldn't have enough support, yet. Give us a couple years of reciprocity with the low bar set by HR38, and the US not turning into a war zone, and this may sound better.

My understanding is a proposed bill needs a simple majority to pass the house. Considering the Rs currently have a majority in the house, assuming all of them are pro 2A, why wouldn't something more favorable get enough votes?

I thought the only fear was a filibuster but tbh I don't have much knowledge about the full process. If there are R representatives that would hold up a favorable 2A bill, the people they represent should clearly know who they are.

I don't see why any compromise needs to be made now that the Rs have the house and senate unless I'm either missing something or they're really just not as pro 2A as they claim.

The only thing that needs fixing is the elimination of the '34 and '68 GCA entirely and a robust effort to put/keep mentally insane in facilities to protect us from THEM...

That all depends on who is doing the mental illness definitions...

The House only needs a majority to pass a bill, but the Senate needs 60 votes for Cloture to send a bill for passage. Filibuster is only a tactic in the Senate, in the House the Speaker decides when to shut off debate.

With only a 52 to 48 majority in the Senate, the Republicans need some Democrats to come on board. That's not likely.

My understanding is a proposed bill needs a simple majority to pass the house. Considering the Rs currently have a majority in the house, assuming all of them are pro 2A, why wouldn't something more favorable get enough votes?

I thought the only fear was a filibuster but tbh I don't have much knowledge about the full process. If there are R representatives that would hold up a favorable 2A bill, the people they represent should clearly know who they are.

I don't see why any compromise needs to be made now that the Rs have the house and senate unless I'm either missing something or they're really just not as pro 2A as they claim.

GOA's comment on this:

GOA Stands Firm in Opposition to Gun Control

Now, for another matter.

For a couple of weeks following the Sutherland Springs shooting, it seemed that Congress was going to pass an anti-gun "Fix NICS" bill before getting to any pro-gun legislation.

If you are wondering why there is so much impetus to pass the Fix NICS gun control bill, here's why:

Everyone loves [the Fix NICS] bill. The NRA and the NSSF jumped on board; ditto Gabby Giffords and Everytown-Moms. Well, almost everyone. The group which claims it's the only group standing between freedom and fascism, a.k.a. Gun Owners of America, told its members to demand that we stop trying to "fix an unconstitutional system" because background checks of any kind are an "infringement on 2nd-Amendment rights." -- Huffington Post, November 20, 2017

Almost everyone in Washington supports "Fix NICS" as a way of "doing something" to stop the type of shootings we've seen recently.

Of course, it won't stop shootings like that.

But now, it is very possible that the House will combine the "Fix NICS" legislation with the reciprocity bill.

Ultimately, Gun Owners of America prefers that Congress send a clean reciprocity bill to the President.

But if the House combines the two bills together, one of two things will happen.

First, combining the two bills could end up killing the Fix NICS legislation. As a stand-alone bill, because of the support of the NRA and many in the House leadership, Fix NICS has enough votes to pass VERY EASILY in the House and Senate.

But it is very likely that Democrats would oppose a combined bill and filibuster it in the Senate. For this reason, prominent Senate Republicans and Democrats oppose combining the two bills -- because they don't want to kill the Fix NICS legislation.

Second, there is the slight possibility that combining the two bills will help concealed reciprocity go to the President's desk.

As the situation stands now, Senate Democrats have enough votes to filibuster and kill reciprocity. But a combined bill might encourage some Red State Democrats to break from Schumer and vote "aye" on the bill.

Regardless of what happens, GOA's message to Capitol Hill remains the same -- we want concealed carry reciprocity; we don't want more gun control.

Thank you for taking action.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Executive Director

Wanna guess what REALLY hurts legal gun-owners? There are people in the VA and SS who are JUST LIKE "church shooter boy"....and NICS has ZERO info on those people. Why not? If you want legislation to shore-up the Due Process for those folks, fine - but let's stop pretending that "nothing needs fixing" - the DoD culpability with Airman Kelley is MASSIVE, and will cost the Taxpayer a ton of money from lawsuits.

The VA and SS are chock full of Oblowhole termites.
When you have the VA and SS wanting to declare some guy who has a hard time balancing his checkbook as mentally defective and unworthy to have 2nd amendment rights, that's not who we need making those decisions.
We had exactly ONE incident that some low level hack messed up on data entry.
It never should have happened, but that's the human error component to any system.

The assumption that all Rs will support the bill should not be taken as a given.

GOA's comment on this:
Regardless of what happens, GOA's message to Capitol Hill remains the same -- we want concealed carry reciprocity; we don't want more gun control.

Thank you for taking action.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Executive Director

It's certainly possible I missed something in HR4477, but I didn't see anything that increased gun control. Please cite the specific section you object to, or stop shoveling the BS.

The VA and SS are chock full of Oblowhole termites.
When you have the VA and SS wanting to declare some guy who has a hard time balancing his checkbook as mentally defective and unworthy to have 2nd amendment rights, that's not who we need making those decisions.
We had exactly ONE incident that some low level hack messed up on data entry.
It never should have happened, but that's the human error component to any system.

Again, maybe I missed it, but HR4477 doesn't change what counts as a disqualifier, it still requires adjudication of mental incompetence. Please cite the relevant section if I am incorrect.

What I'm seeing is people working to undermine the bills because they don't deliver everything (con carry), with the attitude that if they can't have it all they don't want anything. Frankly, this is childish. You will never get it all in one move. This is a strategic step in the right direction, take this step and plan the next little step.

Do you even pew-pew fella ?

The assumption that all Rs will support the bill should not be taken as a given.

It's certainly possible I missed something in HR4477, but I didn't see anything that increased gun control. Please cite the specific section you object to, or stop shoveling the BS.

Again, maybe I missed it, but HR4477 doesn't change what counts as a disqualifier, it still requires adjudication of mental incompetence. Please cite the relevant section if I am incorrect.

What I'm seeing is people working to undermine the bills because they don't deliver everything (con carry), with the attitude that if they can't have it all they don't want anything. Frankly, this is childish. You will never get it all in one move. This is a strategic step in the right direction, take this step and plan the next little step.

Did you not read what GOA said. Supposedly there are those that are trying to add the fix nics to the bill. If you have a problem with what they said take it up with them.

Did you not read what GOA said. Supposedly there are those that are trying to add the fix nics to the bill. If you have a problem with what they said take it up with them.

I thought I was, or at least I was responding to what was posted. I will take you advice though and search for the original on their site.

If it wasn't a statement by you, please do not take my response to the statement as directed at you, it was directed at the original source.

I guess I'm a little touchy since there are some out there saying the bills are currently combined, which they aren't. And the Judiciary committee clearly wanted them kept separate. And there have been a lot of things said as facts that just don't line up with what is in print. I get really frustrated when people insist something is fact when everything available says otherwise, and they absolutely won't cite any source. Usually I'm pissed at the libs for this but not always.

the ONLY provision of the brady bill i would approve coming back is if there is a provision to check all semi auto rifle barrel lengths by shoving them up pelosi and schumer's butts....

I thought I was, or at least I was responding to what was posted. I will take you advice though and search for the original on their site.

If it wasn't a statement by you, please do not take my response to the statement as directed at you, it was directed at the original source.

I guess I'm a little touchy since there are some out there saying the bills are currently combined, which they aren't. And the Judiciary committee clearly wanted them kept separate. And there have been a lot of things said as facts that just don't line up with what is in print. I get really frustrated when people insist something is fact when everything available says otherwise, and they absolutely won't cite any source. Usually I'm pissed at the libs for this but not always.

That was copied and pasted from GOA. The only part that was mine was the part at the beginning that says: "GOA's comment on this:" They are warning as I believe the OP did that this is something they are trying to do so it's a heads up and pay attention to what's going on.

Last edited:
You know, I've gone over HD 4477 again and again because of all the people who are saying it's anti gun and that it's terrible. But other than the connected bump stock law, it really does nothing negative, well maybe the $125m.

It doesn't add any additional information or classifications of PP to NCIS. In fact, it requires that the information be validated before being added, which should reduce delays and false denials.

I get that the bump stock addition is BS, but if we are being honest that was going to get added someplace.

Other than that, what is the big deal? Please, point me to something that is actually in the bill. All the sensationalized, and wrong information being repeated on the internet is just confusing things.

As for the YouTube warriors going on about HR38 and HR4477 already being, or will be combined, so far they are the only ones saying this. The committee hearing didn't even mention this and as far as I've been able to find, no congressmen have said they want this. Sure, anything could happen when it hits the floor, but without a committee supporting it, or it being pushed by a group of pols, it looks like more internet hype designed to get hits and likes, than reality. So sure, call your congressmen but no need to freak-out. Unless you're in MA, in which case don't waste the call.

Back
Top Bottom