• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK47's - Who makes the best one and why?

Yeah, exactly what I heard about WASR (two chief complaints): canted sight chance, wobbly mag (although typically reported as a nuisance and rarely a functional issue). An acquaintance of mine bought one not too long ago (haven't seen it in person yet) and he didn't care for the quality of the wood furniture and was planning on refinishing it.

I was just curious about the end result of the ak-builder ones since the videos I'd seen showed some occasionally beat up stuff, but others looked quite good. It sounds like there's no cause for concern.

I was leaning towards a build for many of the previously noted things, I just wanted to make sure the end result was "quality" as in reliable and on-par or better than your basement tier AK. Plus the chance to meet and learn under some knowledgeable and decent seeming folks.
Go on AkBuilder.com site look up ak parts kits, all kinds from a tactical looking Hungarian with quad rail and adjustable stock ( which will have to be pinned ) to Polish AKM with traditional Eastern European wood stock set up. Go with the barrels with the parts assembled on to it for your first build. These kits are about $475.00-$500.00. These kits use original de milled imported AKs and are matching numbers.

Yeah one even had brand new Korean furniture which could be cool, since I'm really want the wood look (there were other woodies too). Feels almost like I'm back to square one, like I was with ARs when doing research for first assembly, but knowledge is always good. 922r ought to be a blast.

Yeah one even had brand new Korean furniture which could be cool, since I'm really want the wood look (there were other woodies too). Feels almost like I'm back to square one, like I was with ARs when doing research for first assembly, but knowledge is always good. 922r ought to be a blast.

Not that hard .
Reciver /trigger / barrel .
Then you can swap out the piston or the wood for American .

Not that hard .
Reciver /trigger / barrel .
Then you can swap out the piston or the wood for American .

Fair enough, those were the parts I figured (receiver, trigger [3x] and ak-builder does US barrel, then add piston). Got to fire an Arsenal AK today. Out my price range but nice.

Been reading about these lately:
http://www.deadgoosesociety.com

Also, how about Valmet?
RK_62_76.jpg

I think Boris is the true winner, though.

Last edited:
I have a C39v2. Pretty nice. For those not familiar, it is a milled receiver, takes standard AK parts, wood furniture, and cost about $800. Seems to me like a damn good deal for a very nice AK.

I have a C39v2. Pretty nice. For those not familiar, it is a milled receiver, takes standard AK parts, wood furniture, and cost about $800. Seems to me like a damn good deal for a very nice AK.
a lot bash Century but IMOP the C39V2 is a Great AK. The Guys at the Biggest Range (Battlefield Vegas) say they get 30k out of the Barrels and have No Major issues with them.. And they look good to boot..

a lot bash Century but IMOP the C39V2 is a Great AK. The Guys at the Biggest Range (Battlefield Vegas) say they get 30k out of the Barrels and have No Major issues with them.. And they look good to boot..

I would like to know who is making the receivers for them . I have a feeling cnc warrior . The barrels are green mountain .

They used to put out shit not just Ak's . They messed up a lot of other guns the rebuilt or modified .
There current milled gun isn't bad.

The current stamped guns where using cast parts . **** that shit.

The C39v2 receiver looks nice in the videos I've seen. If I recall, Hickok though it was pretty good overall.

Are they switching there milled guns to there side rail that will only work with there scope mounts or is that only the stamped guns.

I think it was a dumb move.

Don't know. I think I heard they were trying to make it more accepting of standard everything, even though it's a milled.

I think Rob Ski of AKOU hates cast trunnions more than you do.

Back
Top Bottom