Ak47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that a presecutor would do hours worth of research to try to determine if an AK, AR or any other magazine were pre ban assuming it was not blatantly obvious.

I can't imagine a prosecutor would do that either. They would simply take the easy route - put the burden of proof on you. As I am not aware of any case law in this regard, you would need a damned good lawyer to put that burden back on the DA and establish said case law, and there's a very real possibility that you might spend some time in the klink and lose everything you own in the process. Given what just happened to that poor SOB in Manchester-by-the-Sea, ANYTHING can happen in Massachusetts and much of it could be very, very bad for otherwise law-abiding gun owners. As Woody Allen said, there's a word for people who are convinced that the world is out to get them - perceptive.

I can't imagine that a presecutor would do hours worth of research to try to determine if an AK, AR or any other magazine were pre ban assuming it was not blatantly obvious. Like Lens said often times it is basically impossible to detemrine it and the tinfoil hats are not needed(for most anyways).

A prosecutor wouldn't be able to do it. You'd have to send the magazines to a crime lab. Then they'd have to waste resources trying to figure out when it was made. A -LOT- of resources.

-Mike

A prosecutor wouldn't be able to do it. You'd have to send the magazines to a crime lab. Then they'd have to waste resources trying to figure out when it was made. A -LOT- of resources.

-Mike

Very true. I can only imagine how frustrated they'd get trying to identify an unmarked standard AK mags manufacture date.

Very true. I can only imagine how frustrated they'd get trying to identify an unmarked standard AK mags manufacture date.

I can just see it now... they're going to issue a subpeona to Yevgeni who worked in the AK magazine factory in Iveshk Russia.... [rofl]

-Mike

To all concerned:

I took the time to draft a letter stating any mags you have are pre-ban.All you have to do is print this out and keep it on you at all times.

To whom it may concern,

All the mags possesed by [Insert your full name here] are indeed pre-ban,manufactured before 1994.

Yours sincerely,

Greg, from the internet.

Official State of Massachusetts pre-ban mag certifier.

the thread can officially be closed now.

Last edited:
To all concerned:

I took the time to draft a letter stating any mags you have are pre-ban.All you have to do is print this out and keep it on you at all times.

the thread can officially be closed now.

Win.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom