Ak47

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you need to be able to buy a Ak47 semi auto with 30 round magazine in MA?

lol "god" I have an LTC unrestricted just wanted to know if it was a big deal to get one and what the price would be.

LTC A is all you need, as long as it is in compliance with the correct evil features configuration (assuming it is postban). The 2 evil features are used up on a pistol grip and detachable mag, so no bayonet lug, suppressor, etc

You only need a LTC B for a high cap rifle.

Not sure where in the state you are, but have seen them at both Four Seasons and Collectors in the past week. Would expect Zero Hour has a few in stock as well.

Not sure where in the state you are, but have seen them at both Four Seasons and Collectors in the past week. Would expect Zero Hour has a few in stock as well.

I've seen a MAK-90 at four seasons. A very tempting rifle, indeed [wink]

I think they're selling it with a ton of 30 round mags... and possibly a drum mag. Their website lists one, anyways!

guys, my spidey sense is going off. there's something wrong with this thread...

I wouldn't share much. Call me paranoid.

Side question here.....I bought a pre-ban 30 round mag from FS, but there was nothing to indicate it was actually pre-ban. Now I trust Carl, so I'm not worried about that....but could I get dinged?

Side question here.....I bought a pre-ban 30 round mag from FS, but there was nothing to indicate it was actually pre-ban. Now I trust Carl, so I'm not worried about that....but could I get dinged?

If you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's pre-ban then you shouldn't have it in MA. If you get jammed up saying "my gun dealer told me it was cool" is probably not going to impress the DA....

And yes, this thread is super fishy.

If you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's pre-ban then you shouldn't have it in MA. If you get jammed up saying "my gun dealer told me it was cool" is probably not going to impress the DA....

And yes, this thread is super fishy.

So do I go back to the shop and ask for some kind of documentation?

Gee, I guess I'll be dumping a lot of mags ...

If you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's pre-ban then you shouldn't have it in MA.

By that logic then, everyone should just get rid of their AKs- after all, the mags usually have no date markings on them. Throw away all your mags and all your AR mags that also don't have date stamps on them. While we're at it, throw away any pistol mag that doesn't have a pre-94 date stamp on it... after all, it's not incontrovertible without the stamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[rolleyes]

-Mike

By that logic then, everyone should just get rid of their AKs- after all, the mags usually have no date markings on them. Throw away all your mags and all your AR mags that also don't have date stamps on them. While we're at it, throw away any pistol mag that doesn't have a pre-94 date stamp on it... after all, it's not incontrovertible without the stamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[rolleyes]

-Mike

I didn't say throw them away, I said don't bring them to MA. You can take your chances if you want - I choose to err on the side of caution. Rollseyes right back at 'cha. [wink]

Just out of curiosity - if (God forbid) you were to get jammed up for having an "illegal" high-cap mag and you couldn't prove that it was pre-ban what would you do? It's just not worth it IMHO.

Here's the secret workaround to the pre-ban magazine law.
If you're not sure when they were made, just put one of these stickers on the bottom and nobody will get suspicious:

This Hi Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Was Manufactured Prior To September 13, 1994.

[/sarcasm]

Here's the secret workaround to the pre-ban magazine law.
If you're not sure when they were made, just put one of these stickers on the bottom and nobody will get suspicious:

[/sarcasm]

Probably just as effective as the "some guy on the internet / my gun dealer said it was cool" defense....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom