Aimpoint help

I see there is a group buy for Aimpoint units. I must admit I know nothing about them execpt they are expensive.

I have a new AR15 Bushy with the removal carry handle and I'm interested in maybe buying one. I just have a couple of questions.

I know MOA means Minute of Angle, what the heck is that?

What would be the best way to mount an Aimpoint?

What type of rings? Weaver type?

Thanks for any and all info you can help me with.

Mike1911

Mike, without going into complex math, one minute of angle or 1 MOA is roughly eqivalent to a 1" diameter circle at 100 yards, 2" circle at 200, 3" circle at 300 yards and etc. This is a way long range shooters measure bullet deflection as it increases by longer path of flight. If you are reffering to MOA as a size of a reticle in a sight, the MOA is the size that dot will apear at a certain distance. For example a 1/2MOA dot will match up exactly with a target having a 1/2" diameter circle on it at 100 yards. The smaller the MOA of the reticle, the smaller the dot will appear. EOTech sights come with internal mounts, either ARMS levers on more expensive 552 and 553 sights or standard clamp on design on less expensive ones, which is tightened by an Allen Wrench. All EOTechs will fit onto any standard picatinny 1913 rail.

Last edited:
You already had the link for the ARMS... you posted it in a previous reply. That said, the Larue is THE mount to get if you're going to depend on the AR for any type of SHTF/Defense role. The ARMS is a good mount, but the Larue is what all the troops are throwing their ARMS away for...

Besides. The Larue looks cooler [tongue]

I wish I had the money, we could try a Larue ***** Buy. Lol [slap]

I cannot say enough good about Larue. The best tactical mounts in the world are made by them. Sorry ARMS doesn't even come close. I know ARMS is a hometown boy, but the Texas crew at Larue Tactical got them beat by miles.

If Larue makes it, Larue is the answer.

I cannot say enough good about Larue. The best tactical mounts in the world are made by them. Sorry ARMS doesn't even come close. I know ARMS is a hometown boy, but the Texas crew at Larue Tactical got them beat by miles.

If Larue makes it, Larue is the answer.

+1 - Mark LaRue makes some of the most well-thought and well-engineered mounts available. An ARMS mount will serve you well - no question, but a LaRue will serve you better than well...Period.

EDIT: Mike, both of those mounts look okay, but I had to choose one, it would be the ARMS. I think however, you will be better served in the long run to spend $115.00 and buy a LaRue LT-150. Plus, you will be pleasantly surprised what Mark throws into your order, (goodies) and that he answers his phone if you have a question/concern/problem.

Last edited:
I use an ARMS mount and a spacer for my Aimpoint Comp M. Easy on, easy off and it stays really tight. It does what it is supposed to. I have never used LaRue parts so I cannot comment on those.

I would go with ARMS. Their stuff is first class and very easy to mount and remove.

arms is junk compared to Larue. Check out the packages at larue or skd tactical.

Stay away from arms. you will just replace it with larue at a later date.

arms is junk compared to Larue. Check out the packages at larue or skd tactical.

Stay away from arms. you will just replace it with larue at a later date.

While I don't necessarily agree that ARMS is "junk" by any stretch, I will agree that if you're going to spend large dough on an optics mount, LaRue is where it's at. I also have to agree that watching my $450.00 Trijicon Tripower take a dive off my rifle - not once but twice with my ARMS, made LaRue Tactical an easier choice....It could have been a fluke, (things happen). Most of the ARMS stuff I've seen has been very nice and I wouldn't hesitate to buy ARMS if that's all there was for upper tier mounting systems. However, there are indeed other options and LaRue is the best option in my opinion....

Back
Top Bottom