AHSA Endorses Obama for President!!!

GOAL

NES Member
AHSA Endorses Obama
Obama: He "gets it"

Today, as President of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), I announced our endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Because the gun issue has recently become a factor in the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania, I want to share the remarks I made today:

As a gun rights organization we have not come to this decision lightly. We were formed two years ago because our research shows that millions of gun owners wanted a change. They not only wanted an organization that would protect their gun rights but an organization that was also committed to the protection of their communities as well as the protection of our lands. We reached out to the Obama campaign several weeks ago to offer our support and approval as was reported by Paul Bedard of US News and World Report. We believe recent attacks on Senator Obama's stand on the 2nd Amendment and his commitment to our hunting and shooting heritage are unfair and American Hunters and Shooters Association is stepping up to set the record straight.

Senator Obama has clearly demonstrated his commitment to the 2nd Amendment by his vote in support of the Vitter amendment to HR 5441, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill of 2007. This amendment prevents the Government from confiscating guns in a time of crisis or emergency. Imagine how the citizens felt during Hurricane Katrina when government agents kicked in doors to confiscate law abiding citizens' guns at a time when they needed them the most. We know Senator Obama "gets it." To say that he is an elitist is patently ridiculous. To hunters and shooters everywhere, Senator Obama's vote demonstrated a fundamental understanding of the meaning of the 2nd Amendment which means he recognizes the individual right of all citizens to keep and bear arms. Senator Clinton, on the hand, failed to grasp the importance of this critical issue to hunters and shooters and voted against this Amendment. She turned her back on America's gun owners. In addition, Senator Obama's commitment to conservation and protection of our natural resources and access to public lands demonstrates to us his commitment to America's hunting and shooting heritage. Senator Obama will be a strong and authentic voice for America's hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy.

Ray Schoenke
Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Is this because they want to take a stand between the two Democrats running? There is no mention of comparison with the Republican. Is there something I am missing - is there something missing...???

Methinks that Ray Schoenke "gets it" about as much as Obama truly "gets it".

Is there something I am missing - is there something missing...???

AHSA ia about as pro-gun (for people like you, me, and the rest of NES) as Sarah Brady is.

Is this because they want to take a stand between the two Democrats running? There is no mention of comparison with the Republican. Is there something I am missing - is there something missing...???

They're organized FUDDS!
Google John Rosenthal Boston Guns or just search Rosenthal here at NES.

They're organized FUDDS!

It's "Fudds," as in Elmer Fudd. Other than that, the above statement describes AHSA well.

However, I suspect it is actually a tad more complex:

"Brady-bunchers" who have bamboozled a largely-ignorant section of the gun-owning populace into believing that they can save themselves by whoring out every other type of gun and gun owner.

In short, AHSA is the Trojan Horse in the firearms community; filled with enemies and brought into our ranks by fools. [puke]

A pox upon each of their houses.

I don't know, this sounds kind of fishy to me. It's almost as if an antigun group started a gun group to sort of sabotage the gun vote. It's as if we as gun owners and enthusiasts started one of these prevent handgun violence campaigns but our goal was to do so by making it easier for anyone to get a handgun. And to control gun violence by endorsing political figures who were against gun control. Which, is actually not a far stretch from how I feel.

But these people can't really be legitimate gun owners or people who care about civil rights and at the same time endorse Obama. It's gotta be the Bradys in disquise. Makes good sense, who better to influence the votes of gun owners than other gun owners.

Today, as President of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), I announced our endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States.

In fairness, they are only endorsing him as "the best Democrat".

Doesn't mean that they will endorse him over the Republican or any other choice in the general election.

Kind of like saying you prefer horse manure over cow manure for your breakfast I guess.

Doesn't mean that they will endorse him over the Republican or any other choice in the general election.

Kind of like saying you prefer horse manure over cow manure for your breakfast I guess.

I think the appropriate RKBA position on the Democratic candidates might be NO ENDORSEMENT.

I think the appropriate RKBA position on the Democratic candidates might be NO ENDORSEMENT.

Not clear enough. An advisory against voting for either, based upon the candidates' respective anti-gun rights record is in order.

Especially with the AHSA fakes and their Fudd lackeys giving legitimacy to gun-grabbers.

It would be funny if they endorsed O'Bomber so that he gets the nomination, because he is not as electable in the general election as that bitch!

I don't know, this sounds kind of fishy to me. It's almost as if an antigun group started a gun group to sort of sabotage the gun vote. It's as if we as gun owners and enthusiasts started one of these prevent handgun violence campaigns but our goal was to do so by making it easier for anyone to get a handgun. And to control gun violence by endorsing political figures who were against gun control. Which, is actually not a far stretch from how I feel.

But these people can't really be legitimate gun owners or people who care about civil rights and at the same time endorse Obama. It's gotta be the Bradys in disquise. Makes good sense, who better to influence the votes of gun owners than other gun owners.

This is exactly what AHSA is. They try to portray themselves as gun enthusiasts who support "common sense" gun control.

They're Brady shills.

It is very important for everyone to realize that the AHSA is an anti-gun organization masquerading as a pro-gun group. Anti-gunners only created the group to try to give the appearance of pro-gun support for anti-gun policies.

Here is a write up of some of their leaders:

The leaders of the AHSA are:

Ray Schoenke, founding president A former football player for the Washington Redskins, Schoenke ran for Governor of Maryland as a Democrat and has given "millions" to Democratic politicians and causes according to a January 19, 1998 Washington Post article.[10] Among the groups that Schoenke has donated to are two that actively lobby to ban firearms: Handgun Control, Inc. and America Coming Together. Schoenke was on the Governor's Commission on Gun Violence in 1996.

Joseph J. Vince, Jr., a member of the Board of Directors is the former chief of the BATF's crime guns analysis branch. Currently, he is a principal of Crime Gun Solutions. HCI has hired Crime Gun Solutions in order to support numerous gun control laws, to support HCI's lawsuits against firearm dealers and he was a signer on a letter submitted to Congress opposing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

Here are some of their goals (from their web site):

AHSA is committed to supporting our nation’s law enforcement officers in their fight against easy access to guns by criminals, terrorists and others.

AHSA is a non-partisan organization that advocates and advances sensible public policies. We will never support unfettered access to all types of weapons.

AHSA Endorses Obama
Obama: He "gets it"

Senator Obama will be a strong and authentic voice for America's hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy.

Ray Schoenke
Ray, Schoenke, American Traitor, can perform a physiologically impossible task on himself. HE obviously doesn't "get it"! How many times do we have to point out that the Second Amendment AIN'T ABOUT DUCK HUNTING???

[puke2]

Is there something I am missing - is there something missing...???
Yes, the fact that the AHSA is made up of anti-gunners who are basically the Brady Bunch with a shotgun locked up in the closet. I doubt that any of them ever actually SHOOT it... and they don't want YOU or any one else armed, except for the "beautiful people". [rolleyes]

Here's a message for John and his ilk:

You want to hunt Bambi’s father and take out his mother fine. Just leave my m-forgery and my carry piece alone you damn fudd!

I could care less about hunters, I work five days a week, so do they, Saturday hunting fine, I'm out shopping for food; Sundays’ are for collective rest, there are many places open to water fowlers that I can’t take my ‘yak from Monday to Saturday. But Sundays I can go there and not worry about a shower of shot while I’m in an inland waterway.

AHSA FU! The 2nd isn’t about just you and your fudd friends, bite me.

I doubt that AHSA even represents that many people as a whole, fudds or
otherwise.

The whole thing was a shoddily set up front organization to try to appeal to
"sundry use" gun owners, but anyone with a brain cell isn't fooled.

-Mike

I just projectile vomited all over the place...
[puke2]

We do not need people like that in our sport. England never had a choice: First it started with pistols, then rifles and then shotguns. Now they have to saw the tips off of their cooking knives.

F*ck all of you a**hole FUDDS.

Since I came to be where I am based on my hunting background, does that make me a "Fudd" and thereby disqualify me as a supporter of RKBA?

I take great offense when someone tells me that my hunting firearms have nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Anything that has anything to do with a firearm is part of the Second Amendment! Without the protection of the 2nd, none of us would be able to do what we do. It is this kind of divisiveness that has led us to where we are in Massachusetts!

Since I came to be where I am based on my hunting background, does that make me a "Fudd" and thereby disqualify me as a supporter of RKBA?

I take great offense when someone tells me that my hunting firearms have nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Anything that has anything to do with a firearm is part of the Second Amendment! Without the protection of the 2nd, none of us would be able to do what we do. It is this kind of divisiveness that has led us to where we are in Massachusetts!

As you well know, how you came to be "a supporter of RKBA" is not important; that you ARE one is. As you are also well aware, many hunters and sport shotgunners have never seen "the big picture" and do not support the Second Amendment; merely their right to possess their guns for their activities.

The Second Amendment, as has been noted, is "NOT about duck hunting." Hunting of any sort is secondary, as is all forms of sport shotgunning. Madison wrote the Second as an express and specific bulwark of citizens' freedom; not to protect recreation or even subsistence hunting (important as the latter was).

Hunters and the skeet/trap brigade are beneficiaries of Madison's wisdom, although many are appallingly ignorant of that fact. This is proven by their low membership rates in GOAL, the NRA or other true firearms rights organizations. Should you wish to challenge that assertion, please provide a list of all the lawsuits brought or aided by Ducks Unlimited, NSSA, ATA, etc.

Anything that has anything to do with a firearm is part of the Second Amendment! Without the protection of the 2nd, none of us would be able to do what we do.

No argument here; you are preaching to the choir and you know it. Proselytize the inert and those suckers who think the NRA and/or GOAL are "extreme" and that AHSA will protect them. The stupidity of those gun owners threatens the rest of us.

They're organized FUDDS!
To call AHSA "Fudds" is an insult to all the Fudds out there.[grin]

As others have pointed out AHSA has nothing to do with Fudds and everything to do with the dishonest gun-grabbers attempting to deceive people.

Does AHSA really think we're that stupid?? As far as I'm Concerned all 3 candidate's are already known for past anti-gun position's, so why even bother to listen to character's of their ilk!! AHSA,Brady bunch, Rosenthal,whoever they are, one's the same as the other! It's our duty to oppose them no matter what they call themselves. Joe

Second Amendment 101

Here's senior Judge Silberman's quote from the DC gun ban case just recently, "[T]he Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms. That right existed prior to the formation of the new government under the Constitution and was premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." -Parker V. DC

Perhaps you can better understand the association this way; The Second Amendment does not enforce our inalienable right to hunt but, hunting was paramount at the time to survive in gathering food when this was written and further discussed in many hundreds of quotes from our founding fathers. Although we no longer need to hunt in order to sustain our own lives we will always need to protect ourselves from the evil and insane who live among us.

Therefore, our inalienable right is clearly about our survival as individuals and as a nation, not hunting in and of itself. However, if we ever again find ourselves in the moment of the position to hunt for food or perish, then it is this association with survival which provides that extension in the right to hunt.

There is no "protection" that was observed in Massachusetts!

Treasonous and suicidal imbeciles who have the audacity ( and despicable fear of an inanimate object ) to demand that law-abiding Americans disarm to allow themselves to be defenseless against criminals, tyrants and foreign threats is the obvious insanity in Massachusetts...certainly not an imagined "divisiveness" on the part of loyal Americans.

Have you not heard about the massacres in our schools in "Gun-Free Zones" or any other illegally "forbidden" area?

Who do you think is directly responsible for demanding a criminal friendly environment where people get murdered!? Ask yourself, what do we charge the accomplices of violent crimes? Those who "just" drive the cars for an armed robbery for instance where in the commission of that crime someone dies? They receive the exact same charge and conviction of armed robbery AND murder, don't they!

Then what shall we charge the voters and elected officials who with clear intention and malace of forethought passed and signed illegal laws in Massachusetts, Chicago, New York and everywhere else that forbids us a choice and chance to survive a murderous attack in making it possible for criminals to murder without fear of being resisted with the same level of violence?? You better believe it, murder!
Further, if ignorance of our laws is not an affirmative defense then neither is intentionally ignoring the supreme law of the land in our Constitution which covers every square inch of the country.

Do you see the undeniable reality here??

If this true story helps you understand;

After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up!, and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, and several customers also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt.

Finally, when a certified law enforcement firearms instructor who taught law enforcement officers to survive on the street tells you that the most important thing you can do in your entire life is protect the Second Amendment you'ld better damn well listen and act to protect it if you value your freedom and your life.

READ this and research the articles listed;

Gun Ban = Obama & American Hunters & Shooters Assoc.
http://conservativesuperiority.com/2008/04/18/gun-ban-obama-american-hunters-shooters-assoc/

Last edited:
To call AHSA "Fudds" is an insult to all the Fudds out there.[grin]

As others have pointed out AHSA has nothing to do with Fudds and everything to do with the dishonest gun-grabbers attempting to deceive people.

No argument as to the deception. But where do these "reasonable sportsmen supporting reasonable restrictions" come from?

Look at the ads and the supposed AHSA members we see being interviewed: Hunters and sport shotgunners; i.e., golfers with guns. In short, Fudds and duds.

AHSA is composed of the disingenuous and vacuous. [puke]

So today I have received two anrgy emails asking why GOAL is backing Obama and the AHSA! Apparently someone saw the link under our news and not knowing anything about us spread the word that we should not be trusted.

So today I have received two anrgy emails asking why GOAL is backing Obama and the AHSA! Apparently someone saw the link under our news and not knowing anything about us spread the word that we should not be trusted.

My article doesn't leave the reader any doubt as to my position even though I also reported this "news".

Back
Top Bottom