• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG Sues Florida Gun Dealers Over Refusal To Hand Over Sales Records

Then what are you saying? My argument is very plain. The Communist AG of The Communist State of New Jersey has NO JURISDICTION, in the State of Florida
What I said is that the argument that the magazines sold to NJ residents “could be staying in FL” was wildly irrelevant because we were talking about mail order, not in person sales.

Then I said, if we’re going to talk about how stupid/bad it is for NJ to attempt to enforce their laws against mail order sales, it’s probably pretty f***ing stupid to get the facts wrong and start saying things like “they don’t know the mags we’re going to NJ! They could’ve been staying in Florida!”

what I didn’t say anywhere was that I thought the state of NJ had a legitimate leg to stand on in this.

Sitting here thinking about this(I know there is the smell of wood burning) The Cop from NJ knowingly conspired to violate the law. This not like an undercover drug buy where the transaction is knowingly illegal.
The “sting” operation line made me laugh.

I think it would be justifiable for a New Jersey resident to break into the AG's house to find evindence that he/she broke any law. If evidence is found then it should/could be used against them.

The head prosecutor for the state is outrightly admitting that it is ok to break the law as a way to generate proof of another person breaking that same law. Oh the irony.

States uniformly take the position that an Internet sale to a resident of their state is deemed to occur in their state. This is why many states want sales tax on internet sales to their residents. Not a new concept. Don’t get me wrong, I hope NJ loses too.

From what I understand this is not correct. States generally want tax money on everything but the sale for all intents and purposes happens at the location of the seller. Otherwise they would have to have ammo sellers licenses (Or whatever nonsense license for other things they sell) for each state they sold to, follow each states record keeping laws, etc.

If these are AR/AK mags that's standard capacity since 20 and 30 rounders are the standard that comes with them. Anything less is restricted capacity. Government sure likes to restrict things when it comes to many things but especially firearms.

the sale for all intents and purposes happens at the location of the seller.
Under FOB terms is does, as the UCC specifies that title to the goods passes to the buyer at point of delivery to the common carrier. This is done to shift any shipping risk from the seller to the buyer. But, the courts might ignore this.

But, what of a UPS call tag? Send UPS to pick something up and the seller isn't even shipping it to you - you are having your agent pick up your property at the seller's place of business.

If that is illegal, what if a friend with NJ plates, or who mentions NJ in conversation, picks up mags in FL destined for NJ. Is the seller inviolation?

And finally, what of the seller in FL who sells a subject of NJ mags thinking they are a local?

The head prosecutor for the state is outrightly admitting that it is ok to break the law as a way to generate proof of another person breaking that same law. Oh the irony.
Rules for thee not for me is their standard MO.

Must be taking pointers from maura healley , Sending letters to NH and on line ammo sales to not sell to her underclass. Bullying them with threats that will take money out of there pockets just to defend them selves in court. And it works, They will kneel and comply. to the foreign power
And the pond gets smaller

What I said is that the argument that the magazines sold to NJ residents “could be staying in FL” was wildly irrelevant because we were talking about mail order, not in person sales.

Then I said, if we’re going to talk about how stupid/bad it is for NJ to attempt to enforce their laws against mail order sales, it’s probably pretty f***ing stupid to get the facts wrong and start saying things like “they don’t know the mags we’re going to NJ! They could’ve been staying in Florida!”

what I didn’t say anywhere was that I thought the state of NJ had a legitimate leg to stand on in this.
Okay, and I didn't even say that, maybe some one else did. In reality it doesn't matter. Unlike a firearm where Federal law and regulation requires that the firearm can only be sold to those with a valid ID and if they have seasonal residence in the state of purchase and can prove such, Then there is required compliance with where the product is delivered. Magazines are not an Item that requires valid ID per the Federal law, and is only required when the sale is "Conducted" in the state that has such law or regulation.

I wonder if companies are going to start having a doctrine of destroying records or at least redacting them systematically. EG nuke the "sold/shipped to" lines on the invoice but still maintain the invoice for tax purposes or whatever..... at least for shit that's mostly unregulated like magazines

You mean like Hillary with those 33,000 emails she deleted?

Boris, This has been my stand all along, I said the same thing about the gun shop in New Hampshire applying and enforcing Massachusetts law in New Hampshire. It is my opinion that the Business that are being targeted need to file a counter suit in Federal Court against the AG personally for violation of the Commerce Clause of The United States Constitution.
I purchase all of my ammunition in NH. Never once been asked for my FID. The transaction took place in NH. Got my flat sap and light blackjack in NH as well. Paid cash. No questions asked.

Okay, and I didn't even say that, maybe some one else did. In reality it doesn't matter. Unlike a firearm where Federal law and regulation requires that the firearm can only be sold to those with a valid ID and if they have seasonal residence in the state of purchase and can prove such, Then there is required compliance with where the product is delivered. Magazines are not an Item that requires valid ID per the Federal law, and is only required when the sale is "Conducted" in the state that has such law or regulation.
Yeah, you quoted me with some “iT sHoULDn’t MaTtER” horseshit after I quoted someone else that said that. Never said it was you that said it.

Reading is hard, I guess.

From what I understand this is not correct. States generally want tax money on everything but the sale for all intents and purposes happens at the location of the seller. Otherwise they would have to have ammo sellers licenses (Or whatever nonsense license for other things they sell) for each state they sold to, follow each states record keeping laws, etc.

I've ordered shit online while in US, from Russia, to be delivered to an address in Ukraine ... and actually permutations thereof with countries being different.

International rules have always been, you can buy whatever in the country that's legal there and can leave customs just fine. Once product goes into another country customs has to insure that's legit there at that point. Legitimacy is modified by whatever licenses addressee has to be in compliance. The international example is just an extreme extension of states, different jurisdictions, different laws, different f***s given.

The true measure how much companies want to do business in commie states is their willingness to ship shit there. If Co A never plans to do business in NJ, it has 0 f***s what to ship there. The only reason they would want to comply with bullshit laws in those states is that they awnt to reserve the right for the future opportunities in that state, unburdened by judgements against them there.

So there you go. A Co. that won't ship to a commie state is actually and secretly wants to do business there, ergo they are themselves POS commie bootlickers. End of story.

I have checked the theological archives (spaghettimonster.org and wikipedia.org) and I have not been able to find any excommunication ritual for Pastafarians, however, some narrow minded churches may excommunicate one for taking part of Pastafarianism.

Back
Top Bottom