Afraid to buy new toys?

I appreciate everyone’s answers to my original post. I also understand why many of you think my concerns are unfounded. While every tragedy that involves firearms seems to invoke an emotionally charged response, I don’t think we have ever seen rhetoric like this before. I apologize in advance for getting “political” here, but whether you like or dislike what the current administration is about/doing, there are many people who have such contempt for it, they simply want to do anything to stop and go against it, even if it’s nonsensical or illogical. As for calling guns toys, I mean that in the sense that I use mine for target shooting, which I very much enjoy.

It's important not to get too invested in the rhetoric, otherwise you'll just be as much of a sucker for it as the antis are. Most of this BS is astroturf not a real ground level movement. It's only gotten "emotionally charged" for two reasons:

1- cuz trump is president
2- because Bloomberg & Co are pouring millions of dollars into their end of it (which, although frightening and a problem, doesn't always work out for them so much, lol )

Instead of only being concerned about the .gov asking you to turn in your $1000 handgun, let's put it this way, the overall assault on your rights is far bigger than a couple of guns. If you feel that
threatened by them, then do the logical thing and start working some 2A advocacy efforts of your own. Recruit new gun owners. Take a newbie to the range. Join GOAL and Comm2a or other RKBA groups like GOA, JPFO, etc. volunteer to do work for said groups. Anything in this vein is 1000x more productive then crying or getting worried over the infinitesimally slim possibility that the .gov is going to come and take away your new
gun tomorrow.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom