Advice on Wood Stocks for S&W

I bought a M625 which comes with Hogue Monogrips. These are a little too small for me, and I don't care for rubber. I'd prefer a larger, square-butt conversion (the M625 is round butt) stock flared at the butt front and rear in the traditional square butt style.

I have the Midway catalogue, which lists S&W factory walnut stocks that look OK.

Does anyone have suggestions for other sources? Hogue wood stocks all look like the rubber ones.

This is not for competition, only informal target shooting and plinking. It's my Christmas present to myself, since I decided to stop shooting the 'antique' M1911 and M1917.

JT

I got a nice set of rosewood grips right off the smith & wesson web site

www.smith-wesson.com

I'm told they are made by Ahrends.

Here they are on my Model 66. The photo makes them look darker than they really are.

3magnums.jpg

You may try trying to get your hands on the stock grips for the Model 520, they are very nice (I have a pair that I replaced with Hogues for practicality)

A lot of S&W items to include stocks are offered on

www.smith-wessonforum.com

I prefer the bigger stocks my self for bigger guns.

I've bought all of my "authentic" S&W grips from this forum. There is a lady there who states that she can get you any S&W grips that you may need. I don't remember her name, but if you search through some posts there you'll find her. Actually, do a search for my name there. It's the same one I have here. I have a few posts from her when I was looking for grips. Very good prices.

100_0702.jpg

The grips on the M66, M686, M15 and M642 all came from the S&W site.

Back
Top Bottom