• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Advice on Storing Goodies Outside of Boston

Hey guys,

I moved to Boston a couple months ago and want to make sure I don't get into any trouble for any firearms and accessories that are MA-legal but don't comply with the Boston city ordinance.

What are you guys' thoughts on renting a small 2x2 storage unit in Brookline or Cambridge and locking my goodies up there?

Feel free to PM me if you live in the area and would offer storage for some range time or reloaded ammo!

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
If you are afraid of confiscation they're going to find them either way. Not realm sure why you're storing offsite.

There's a Boston "assault weapon" ban, basically a never-enforced city ordinance.

If you must store your arms and powder outside Boston, then Concord Massachusetts is the only approved location...

126_5538-sam-adams-grave-boston.jpg

1024px-Minute_Man_Statue_Lexington_Massachusetts.jpg

posting to the entire world one's location, partial name and description of goods intending to bring into MA....hmm maybe not the best idea?

If you are afraid of confiscation they're going to find them either way. Not realm sure why you're storing offsite.

I'm not too worried about confiscation. If it happens, there's not much I can do.

I just want to know what my options would be to comply with the Boston AWB.

Steve

posting to the entire world one's location, partial name and description of goods intending to bring into MA....hmm maybe not the best idea?

Man, I'm just not used to having to worry about everything I say... [sad]

I edited the OP to remove unnecessary details.

Steve

Yes, legal to store them outside the city (and its villages) limits. All storage places have "policies" that prohibit weapon storage, but there is no law and I personally ignored that when our house was being renovated. I just made sure nothing was visible to the cameras upon entering/exiting their building.

I'd be more worried about storing AWs at a stranger's house than getting bagged for possession in my own home in Boston.

Yes, legal to store them outside the city (and its villages) limits. All storage places have "policies" that prohibit weapon storage, but there is no law and I personally ignored that when our house was being renovated. I just made sure nothing was visible to the cameras upon entering/exiting their building.

Okay, thank you for the info. I'll be looking into places around me.

I'd be more worried about storing AWs at a stranger's house than getting bagged for possession in my own home in Boston.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. That's why I was looking into the legality of using a storage facility.

Back
Top Bottom