Advice on a CC fanny pack

Right now I have a generic lather belt pack that measures 5x4x1.5..it just too small to carry anything but a gun the size of a Ruger LCP or Kaltec P3AT. Not mention its likely not the best idea to keep a full time carry in a pouch like this.
What I want is the smallest fanny pack made for CC that will hold a Kaltek PF-9 or similar pistol. I've seen what's available, I'm looking for advice what packs work or are junk. Thanks

Fanny packs worn by anyone either scream "GUN" or "I'm from EUROPE."

I own a nice one but haven't used it in years. It's there if they come back in fashion, though.

I just got my smart carry holster and it worked GREAT with shorts and a polo shirt. I must be old - no one checked out my package! [smile] It is going to be my new summer carry when I'm not wearing an Hawaiian shirt outside the shorts.

Regards,

Bob

Camelbak makes one that doesn't scream gun. it is the only one. Eagle makes one that is very small for jogging etc., when one needs a gun but is not dressed well for one.

I think this one is swell,it will make you look fanny-packtastical !!!

fpack1.jpg

I find a fanny pack to be very helful in certain circumstances (running or going to the doctor). I carry a glock 23 in a small sized Bianchi fanny pack.

14-3000.jpg

Concerning the comments about these packs "screeming gun" I have a couple of points...

In Massachusetts, no one in a million years, would believe I was carring a gun in a fanny pack.

Secondly, who cares if someone did think I had a gun. I would love to open carry if I could. [wink]

Lastly, I am married with 5 kids...I don't care if I look like a dork. [smile]

It also provides a fairly fast draw...

...and if someone asks for your wallet...you simply give him what you have (at 1000 feet per second).

Last edited:
I saw the title of this thread and I just thought, no.

Just no.

Really, I don't even know you and I like you too much already to let you do this.

ahhh..I'm touched, all of you looking out for my fashion & style [thinking]
hehe "remember its not the fanny pack, its the fanny" [laugh]
really, the fanny pack would be for certain situations....

massnee, I was looking at those Bianchis' the size1(smallest) but when I read the size chart I got confused, as it seemed smaller than what I have...but I guess I was wrong since you have a G23 in there.

Friends don't let friends wear "fanny-packs!"

I'm sorry, I wouldn't wear anything that had the word "fanny" in it. [wink]

Instead of "fanny pack" I prefer the name "manly pack" or "pack of a whole lot of hurt'en" or "pack of death" [smile]

Also it should be added that looking like a "dork" gives you a tactical advantage.

Who would ever think that a fanny pack (I mean “pack of death”) wearing individual could deliver 14 rounds center of mass in about 3 seconds... [grin]

I have a couple of Galco fanny packs of different sizes depending on pistol I carry. My are nylon and cost about $50. I was able to special order them in a left hand version.

Make fun of me all you want, it is the most comfortable way for me to carry.

I have a couple of Galco fanny packs of different sizes depending on pistol I carry. My are nylon and cost about $50. I was able to special order them in a left hand version.

Make fun of me all you want, it is the most comfortable way for me to carry.

No one will make fun of you to your face - especially since you have a heater in that fannypack...[smile] I did look into a Camelbak Goblin - in fact, my coworker just bought one to pack her .38 in while she runs/bikes/hikes...It's a neat system...

Check out the Hawkepak micro gun pack.

hawke_fanny_bk.jpg

Available from:
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=452
http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=902

Looks too small to even carry a stubby j-frame, but uses a concealed compartment to enclose the barrel so easily holds my G23.

I use it when out with my son in his stroller. Nobody looks twice. Also has a separate pocket to hold the cell phone, OC, etc.

Only drawback is slow to draw. Hang a keyfob off the zipper to speed things up.

Maxpedition makes some nice packs in their Versapack line that don't scream DORK!! They are sling over one shoulder packs and you can really load them up if you want to. I do wear a "waist pack" when we go hiking, just cause IWB or OWB carry is kind of uncomfortable when you are hiking. The butt of the gun rubs on MY six pack on the side... And yeh, when I am hanging with the family and we are hiking or whatever, I don't give a crap what anyone thinks. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone thinks of my attire ANYTIME!! HAHAHA!! I try and chose a carry option that is both comfortable, doesn't scream GUN, and draws easily (but is safe if we gotta book it!).

I have one of these:Uncle Mike's Gun Pak in the smaller size. Not really a fanny pack, but an add on to a belt. Not the fastest draw out of it, but not terrible. I bought it to put on the waist belt of my pack when hiking - blends in on a full-size pack's padded waist belt very well. It's also ridden on the shoulder strap of a Camelbak - the only person who ever asked believed me when I said it was a case for my GPS (that's Glock Protection System, in this case). [wink]

http://www.blackhawk.com used to carry a "fanny pack" that cliped to your belt to keep a "man-purse" snatcher from cutting off the belt part of the "fanny pack". Dedicated "holster" inside with velcro to position weapon how you want it. Big honkin' zippers to open it.

Don't know if they have different sizes, mine can carry a full sized Glock 21 and 2 spare mags no problem! Along with a Surefire light and a Gerber multitool.

Big, bulky, STURDY and overbuilt! Choice of colors when I bought one, black(of course), maroon, green, and navy, I think. Has a large zippered pocket in front, and two "pockets on either side of main compartment(good for the multi tool and my small Surefire).

I never did get the fanny pack.....god forbid I should run into one of you with it on [shocked] ...hehe
I was only considering it for work(where I where scrubs) and hiking...I got an ankle rig for work and I can just use my pack or with the Nemesis when hiking

Back
Top Bottom