Address change, certified?

I recently moved from one MA town to another. I mailed the 3 copies of the address change form to the old chief, new chief, and Criminal History office, all with certified mail. I got the certified receipt back from the old town & the Criminal History board, but not from the new town ( which is anti-gun ).

Did I already cover my A** by sending everything certified? It's a temporary move (less than a year), but I don't want to screw up my future renewals. Sorry if this was already covered in another thread, but I couldn't find anything that answered my question.

K-DUB,

Searching the Gun Laws forum finds this pertinent thread:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5743

Yes, you covered yourself. You can complain to the USPO you sent it from after 30 days, they can track it and either give you some proof or they will offer to send another green card to the new chief. BTDT on not getting green cards back.

Thanks for the confirmation Len & CrossX....but I don't think I want to tangle with the city PD.....better to fly under the radar. I'll leave the fun tail twisting to you, sweetie.

Cross-X said:
It's what I live for!

PS Put your certified postcards and copy of your change of address notification letter in a good safe place. You never know when you might need it.

I have 2 copies of all important paperwork, in seperate locations. (Just in case). [wink]

I had a similar experience. I mailed all three certified, but only got the Criminal History board receipt back. This was about six months ago. It bothers be that I don't have written proof that the two cheifs received my form. Do you think I should try and get a stamped copy of the form from the two police departments showing that they received it...or don't open that can of worms?

I had a similar experience. I mailed all three certified, but only got the Criminal History board receipt back. This was about six months ago. It bothers be that I don't have written proof that the two cheifs received my form. Do you think I should try and get a stamped copy of the form from the two police departments showing that they received it...or don't open that can of worms?

If you sent it Certified Mail, you have the green and white tag with the address, tracking number and post office stamp on it. That will suffice.

Unfortunately, in the chaos of our move, I don't have those anymore (yes, I'm a dumbass). I do have the receipt from the criminal history board. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom