Additional questions about Arlington

Hello again!

I went in and picked up the Arlington's application packet. Doesn't look like they want anything past the normal requirements (so no doctor's note, no letters from references, etc.). An interview with the licensing officer is required, though. Which segues into my next few questions...

First, the cover letter that comes with the application package says that "in most instances, LTCs...will be issued for All Lawful Purposes." And Arlington is rated "green" by packing.org and masscarry.org. So my question to those of you who are familiar with Arlington specifically is whether or not the Arlington chief/licensing offer will issue an ALP LTC if you just put "all lawful purposes" on the "Reasons" line of the application, or if they want specific reasons/justifications?

Second question is about the safety class. The application package listed a mere 15 instructors. Just from looking at goal.org and elsewhere I know there are lots more than that, even in eastern MA. Is this some sort of subtle (or not so subtle) hint from the APD that I should get my certificate from one of those 15?

Last question is about the interview. Like all interviews, I would like to have some idea of what the interview will be like/about. So if anyone has gone through the Arlington interview, I'd like to hear what it was like. And even if no one has, I'd still like to hear what it was like to have some idea of how it might go.

Thanks again!

lagrangian said:
Hello again!

Second question is about the safety class. The application package listed a mere 15 instructors. Just from looking at goal.org and elsewhere I know there are lots more than that, even in eastern MA. Is this some sort of subtle (or not so subtle) hint from the APD that I should get my certificate from one of those 15?

Most PD's will list the people that contact them. I.E., Haverhill has us listed, along with a couple others in the immediate area and a number of them outside of the area. It's not that they are promoting these instructors, it's usually just the list that they have and provide the applicants with to take a course from. It doesn't HAVE to be one on that list if there's someone else you'd rather go to that is state certified.

Also - putting down "For all lawful purposes" on the application will not affect your chances of getting it or not getting it. "FALP" comes directly from the MA Gen. Laws verbiage. It covers EVERYTHING lawful, whether it be collecting, hunting, plinking, personal protection, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not from Arlington, so I can't help you with the interview process, but the above two questions are pretty standard no matter where you live.

Back
Top Bottom