Active-shooting incident reported at community college in Oregon

Wrong.

"Umpqua Community College allows students to carry guns on campus. The State of Oregon allows people with concealed weapon permits to bring concealed guns onto campus."

Source: http://www.rt.com/usa/317243-shooting-school-oregon-umpqua/

CNN reported that the Umpqua Community College campus is considered a “gun free zone”, with a weapons policy that prohibits the carriage of firearms by concealed carriers.
<bangs head on desk>

57a44bf1bd3b87b725d404079dacd7a2.jpg

Kill yourselves.

Ahhhhh haaaa.

Now it really really really fits the narrative. Guns are allowed here. See what happens when guns are allowed? People still die en mass. [thinking]

But, background checks. I believe that Oregon just passed a law that bans private transfers of firearms. So much for the myth that background checks can stop these hideous crimes.

Wrong.

"Umpqua Community College allows students to carry guns on campus. The State of Oregon allows people with concealed weapon permits to bring concealed guns onto campus."

Source: http://www.rt.com/usa/317243-shooting-school-oregon-umpqua/

From CBS.
The community college is a gun-free campus.
“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited,” the college’s security policy states.

Why don't they just say a deranged unicorn shot up the campus.

But, background checks. I believe that Oregon just passed a law that bans private transfers of firearms. So much for the myth that background checks can stop these hideous crimes.

SB941 requires you to use an ffl to transfer a gun between private parties.

From CBS.
The community college is a gun-free campus.
“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited,” the college’s security policy states.

Why don't they just say a deranged unicorn shot up the campus.

Unicorns don't need guns, not with that cool face-bayonet to poke people with.

That 4chan thread is pretty disturbing
I stumbled into that and I was disturbed to say the least. I know i am old but can someone explain the bete that they are talking about. Is it some sort of cult or something.

It seems this was planned and talked about openly before it happened.

Thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Put on CNN for a few minutes - the commentator was actually making some sense:
"He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew in this location it would take awhile for the cops to show up, no matter who called, and that he'd have enough time to do what he he wanted - moving between rooms and buildings to kill as many people as possible".

Otherwise I can't stand the media - that twitter post with tv produces salivating over talking to victims is disgusting. **** the media - they are responsible for turning these things into phenomenon that other disaffected mentally ill people want to mimic for fame.

just a thought here. has any "gun community" or whatever the antis call it ever did some kind of fundraising after an event like this and donate all the funds to help the families that fell victim to this kind of tragedy. would something like that open up some peoples eyes to think its not the gun owners fault?

Back
Top Bottom