• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active shooter in MD college

To quote the article

" There have been no reports of shots fired or injuries on campus. Police said there has been no confirmation yet of the perceived threat."

Maybe another umbrella?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it's a false alarm from reading that, and at least at the time of that report it was not an active shooter situation.

Short story, even shorter:
Police are responding to a report of someone with "some type of long gun". No shots have been fired yet. Campus sent out a text message to students.

I thought same and I am certainly glad if turns out to be nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think we can call this one a false alarm. The text message for students to shelter in place went out at 2:30, and there hasn't been any reports of shots fired yet, an hour and a half later.

How in the world do the call it an active shooter? No shots fired, no suspect with a firearm located just someone who thought they saw someone with a long gun...SHELTER IN PLACE!

Sent from the blind

How in the world do the call it an active shooter? No shots fired, no suspect with a firearm located just someone who thought they saw someone with a long gun...SHELTER IN PLACE!

Sent from the blind

this, no shots fired no confirmation of anyone with a firearm somehow equals active shooter

Sent from the blind
The new terminology is "secure in place" according to my 9yr old daughter. That's what they're calling it in her school when they have ​drills. [rolleyes]

The barrel of the long gun is very narrow and it appears to be a break action... pellet gun?

article-stevenson3-0331.jpg

It is Monday. Looks like some kid forgot that his long gun he used for plinking yesterday (Sunday) was still in the back of his pickup truck !

I don't get "Shelter In Place". Why do they teach this? I mean, if there is an active shooter in the building, wouldn't it be better to not be in the building? As opposed to waiting for him/her to show up and corner you in a closed space with no available escape?

I mean, if there is a fire, they don't tell you to hide in the bathroom

Last edited:
I don't get "Shelter In Place". Why do they teach this? I mean, if there is an active shooter in the building, wouldn't it be better to not be in the building? As opposed to waiting for him/her to show up and corner you in a closed space with no available escape?

"we (the govt) don't encourage self help". Just ask Marsha Coakley.

I mean, if there is a fire, they don't tell you to hide in the bathroom

Because it makes finding the shooter more difficult if everyone is running away like a herd of cats.

It's not about protecting the innocent, it's about making the police look professional; it's about making their job easier.

The Nonsense Moms will record it as a zero casualty school shooting (bringing the post Newtown number higher, which includes the MIT officer shot by bombing terrorist).

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from the blind

Because then groups like MDA can claim it as another horror story to push their agenda. [thinking]

Because it makes finding the shooter more difficult if everyone is running away like a herd of cats.

It's not about protecting the innocent, it's about making the police look professional; it's about making their job easier.

this ,and no way they want an armed citizen defending himself, thats way to much shit to figure out, they would just come in and pop you too

Back
Top Bottom