• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter in CO, 10 Dead

Post on page 1 said around 4:40 someone mentions it sounded like a shotgun. I wonder how valid that is.
An AR going off inside a building is loud AF. Not to mention the fruitloops in Boulder being able to differentiate a weapon by sound has me a bit skeptical. But I hope it was a shotgun or pistol. Not as easy to push their agenda if it was.

According to this article there were two shooters, the one you see being led away and another that holed up in an apartment nearby.

"Video of SWAT officers confronting the second suspect, reportedly named Thomas Hanger, is already circulating on social media. People nearby were warned to shelter in place."

"Speaking during a press briefing held just minutes after SWAT police confronted another armed suspect inside an apartment near a high school in Boulder, police confirmed details from the earlier shooting, including the fact that a cop had been killed by the shooter, who was taken into custody."

But then...???

"Monday's attack took place outside a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder. In addition to the shooter, a second person of interest, who was injured, was taken into custody at the scene, according to Boulder Police Department Commander Kerry Yamaguchi."

So, is that three people of interest including the one in the apartment?

is it weird that no one is screaming during this gunfire?

People behave unpredictably during these things. Lots of them stay calm. Even more stay silent and play dead.

And remember, the crisis was already well underway before the "journalist" started "journalizing." When he runs across the front of the store, without even realizing the stupidity of blindly running past the windows, he meets up with a few carloads of people at the side of the building who tell him they already came out during the shooting.

I imagine any screaming they did was over by the time we see the video.

WTF is wrong with people?

Why is the guy who looks like he works there milling around the door checking his phone?

The guy taking the video, the guy at the door, the person driving their car past the front of the store; all can clearly see people laying on the ground and no one offers any aid? Drag them to a safer place so the medics can help them. By the time the all clear is given it will most likely be way to late.

The lack of anybody doing anything is frightening....

Why is the guy who looks like he works there milling around the door checking his phone?

The guy taking the video, the guy at the door, the person driving their car past the front of the store; all can clearly see people laying on the ground and no one offers any aid? Drag them to a safer place so the medics can help them. By the time the all clear is given it will most likely be way to late.

It's one thing to at least check on people. "Hey, are you OK?" That type of thing. But to expect a layperson to render some sort of legitimate aid? Or to attempt to drag a dying person to "safety"? That's not reasonable. If the medics can't be expected to jump in and intervene, why would anyone else.

Seems like a strange target unless there was history. The supermarket is my happy place.

Not relatable. Literally every single time I go to a supermarket, I wonder why nobody's done a mass shooting in one.

Guess I don't have to wonder anymore. But I'll still keep constant track of where the exits are.

I think the dudes by the door are probably some variety of barely-functioning adult. Unless someone told them to move they were going to stand there like mannequins. Everyone else involved seemed about right for post-COVID, idiotic, Facebook-addled America here in 2021.

Not relatable. Literally every single time I go to a supermarket, I wonder why nobody's done a mass shooting in one.

Guess I don't have to wonder anymore. But I'll still keep constant track of where the exits are.

You must not have enough kids back home. Trips to the supermarket and sitting in commuter traffic are my calgon.

I think the dudes by the door are probably some variety of barely-functioning adult. Unless someone told them to move they were going to stand there like mannequins. Everyone else involved seemed about right for post-COVID, idiotic, Facebook-addled America here in 2021.
The oxygen thief filming sure sounds and acts like an 'tist.

Same here.

I always wear headphones while grocery shopping because I can't stand most peoples' stupid conversations. I sound like a introverted nutjob but it's just the way I am. I always keep music on a low volume for this reason though. I just like to muffle the usual bullshit the mouth breathers spew.

People behave unpredictably during these things. Lots of them stay calm. Even more stay silent and play dead.

And remember, the crisis was already well underway before the "journalist" started "journalizing." When he runs across the front of the store, without even realizing the stupidity of blindly running past the windows, he meets up with a few carloads of people at the side of the building who tell him they already came out during the shooting.

I imagine any screaming they did was over by the time we see the video.
What about the old fat guy nonchalantly exiting the store with phone in hand?

What about the old fat guy nonchalantly exiting the store with phone in hand?

I've seen civilians in mass shooting events twice. They behave totally unpredictably.

His behavior didn't surprise me. Normalcy bias is an overwhelmingly powerful force. Remember, most people out there are not like people on NES.

CNN is covering this thing like a bad rash they are going to milk this for all it's worth poising themselves as media's gun control champions.
Prayers to the Souls lost and their loved one's.

There are a lot of ARs and AR builders kits on places like Palmetto. Might not be a bad week to build another rifle. I just ordered more Pmags just because.
Yeah I ordered another 15 pmags from tsusa. Figured I may as well use the prime free shipping for something while waiting out the ammo shortage. Have a feeling I may be waiting a while...

From Yahoo News and other outlets:

In the wake of mass shootings elsewhere, Kroger asked shoppers in 2019 to leave their firearms at home. The change in policy came a day after grocery rival Walmart made a similar change. The previous policy had been to defer to state or local gun regulations.

“No one should have to fear for their lives while they grocery shop or go to work every day," Cordova, whose union represents 32 workers at the store, added

The irony is monumental. Unbelievable.

f***ing signage triggers me so much.

BG: OOOOH a gun free zone. Guess I’ll lock this up or go back home.

Who the f*** thinks that works .000001 of the time? You’d need an IQ of 10 to even start to believe that signage does anything.

According to this article there were two shooters, the one you see being led away and another that holed up in an apartment nearby.

"Video of SWAT officers confronting the second suspect, reportedly named Thomas Hanger, is already circulating on social media. People nearby were warned to shelter in place."

"Speaking during a press briefing held just minutes after SWAT police confronted another armed suspect inside an apartment near a high school in Boulder, police confirmed details from the earlier shooting, including the fact that a cop had been killed by the shooter, who was taken into custody."

But then...???

"Monday's attack took place outside a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder. In addition to the shooter, a second person of interest, who was injured, was taken into custody at the scene, according to Boulder Police Department Commander Kerry Yamaguchi."

So, is that three people of interest including the one in the apartment?
It will be back down to one in a day or two. Every shooting starts off with witnesses swearing up and down there were 1,2,3 others with the authorities saying NOPE. We'll also hear how there was a mass shooting training/sim that was happening there in the last week or so

Back
Top Bottom