!!! ACTION ALERT ~~ ANTI 2A LEGISLATION ~~ ACTION NEEDED !!!!

There is some information flying around that another town, much like Westford, is attempting some absurd anti 2nd amendment town bylaws. Sudbury is that very town. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE ACT AS WE DID IN WESTFORD. When gun owners turned out in force to show that they would not stand for this, we won. We, as a community and as americans, We MUST continue to stay vigilant and continue to push back when the antis try to impose their will.

Here is the gist of it:

ARTICLE 39. AMEND BYLAWS, ART. V, PUBLIC SAFETY, SECTION 8 – DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS To see if the Town will vote to amend the Town of Sudbury Bylaws, Article V, Public Safety, by deleting Section 8 therefrom and substituting a new Section 8, as follows:

SECTION 8. No person shall fire or discharge any automatic weapon, machine gun, cannon, pistol or revolver, rifle, air rifle or BB gun, shot gun or explosives of any kind on private property except with the written consent of the owner or legal occupant thereof or within the limits of any Town-owned public property. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no such weapon shall be fired or discharged within 500 yards of a residence and within one-half (1/2) mile of any school, daycare center, church or any building, playground or field , which children use for sports or other activities. Nothing in this bylaw shall be construed in such a way as to prohibit the lawful use of any of the above-named guns in the defense of life or property or on any range as defined in Section 9 or in any other manner in accordance with the General Laws of the Commonwealth limited by the discharge limits set forth herein concerning discharge of a weapon near a residence. Violation of this section shall be subject to a penalty of $300. ; or act on anything relative thereto.

PETITIONER’S REPORT: This article seeks to amend the Public Safety Bylaw to prohibit the discharge/firing of firearms near schools, playgrounds, daycare centers, churches, temples and homes. The current Bylaw only restricts discharging firearms within 500 feet of homes, but does not mention schools, playgrounds, daycare centers, etc. Many handguns are capable of firing rounds well over a mile. In an effort to better protect our children and our neighbors, this change will prohibit the discharging/firing of weapons within one-half (1/2) mile of all schools, playgrounds, daycare centers and churches/temples, and within 500 yards of any dwelling.

As you can see this is just another attempt at the chip from our unalienable rights. We must act. If you are a resident of Sudbury, ATTEND THE MEETING ON May 6, 2013 I cannot speak to whether or not non residents would be allowed to attend, however calling and inundating them with your POLITE displeasure is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.

NO EMAILS, THEY ARE EASILY DELETED..... CALL! 978-639-3381

I think something like this was also on the GOAL site today.

Indeed it is, and they sent out an email as well. For those not in tune with GOAL, we gotta spread the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Is their a shooting range in that town? That's what this bill looks like its targeting.

To me, as I understand that text, a kid playing with an airsoft, as it is a air rifle, would be in violation of this bylaw. That's how ridiculous it is.

It's already against the bylaws to shoot airsoft or any other compressed air projectile in the town limits. DPW got that passed a couple of years ago b/c of damage to signs etc. We had a rash of drive-by paintballing.

This is being driven by a neighbor dispute about firing on private property. Apparently there's a local twenty-something that is friends with a couple of police officers from nearby communities and they come shoot on his family's property. The neighbors (none within the 500foot) keep calling the PD and complaining and getting told that they are not inviolation of the law. The guys did it the weekend after Newtown which put more than a couple of moonbats over the edge. They've complained about "machine gun" fire and large explosions. The half-mile radius was selected, I would suspect, because that's how far it is from the far edge of the property to the nearest school.

Welcome to local politics...it's ego and jealousy wrapped up in the political issue of the day...

Aloha

It's already against the bylaws to shoot airsoft or any other compressed air projectile in the town limits. DPW got that passed a couple of years ago b/c of damage to signs etc. We had a rash of drive-by paintballing.

This is being driven by a neighbor dispute about firing on private property. Apparently there's a local twenty-something that is friends with a couple of police officers from nearby communities and they come shoot on his family's property. The neighbors (none within the 500foot) keep calling the PD and complaining and getting told that they are not inviolation of the law. The guys did it the weekend after Newtown which put more than a couple of moonbats over the edge. They've complained about "machine gun" fire and large explosions. The half-mile radius was selected, I would suspect, because that's how far it is from the far edge of the property to the nearest school.

Welcome to local politics...it's ego and jealousy wrapped up in the political issue of the day...

Aloha

Thank you for the insight! So what you're saying is, that any kid with an airsoft or BB gun, if he goes out into his parents yard and starts shooting cans, is violating town bylaws? That is absolutely ridiculous!

Aloha
That sounds about right to me. I knew it had to do with some libtards complaining of the sound (really more the thought) of gunfire.

Thank you for the insight! So what you're saying is, that any kid with an airsoft or BB gun, if he goes out into his parents yard and starts shooting cans, is violating town bylaws? That is absolutely ridiculous!
Yep. Had a long with several ranking PD and legal personnel about it. Was looking at BB gun for son. All agreed it was direct violation of by-laws. Decided on Archery instead. Good thing too. He's competitive in that sport now.

That sounds about right to me. I knew it had to do with some libtards complaining of the sound (really more the thought) of gunfire.
I've heard it's more about a neighbor dispute and they're using the gunfire as an excuse.

Aloha

Does that mess with hunting the Oxbox Refuge (old Natick Labs ammo dump) & Pantry Brook WMA too?

I can assure you that Sudbury is overflowing with libtards.

My company is based there, and when I'm in town and happen to stop somewhere for lunch, it is apparent there are a shit load of busy bodies with nothing better to do.

A limit of 500 feet of a dwelling, (not even your own, no permission waiver?) is bad enough, but 500 YARDS? Would there be ANY place left in that town where you could stand on private land and not be within 1/3 of a mile of a house nor within a 1/2 mile of a school?

Somebody from Sudbury that's planning on going to the meeting PM me. I can't make the meeting because of a college fonal. I've got a point to be raised.

Aloha

Some of the comments are unbelievable - "the government needs to protect us". From what? No crime was committed, but hey let's restrict everyone's rights so no one hears bad noises anymore.

hope y'all can get enough people shining lights on these rats and they will scurry into the dark as happened in westford-----GO GET'EM---(don't waste.22's, use pellets)

Last edited:
It's only getting worse. Waiting to confirm but it looks like another ma town is going full retard.

Be advised that b/c of the number of bylaws to be discussed anyone planning on attending will need to be around Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Aloha

well, they will be leading the cause without their COP- he just resigned after getting busted OUI in Tyngsboro driving a town vehicle (blue moon still in business?)

But guys It says right here not to worry.. See

Quote:
Nothing in this bylaw shall be construed in such a way as to prohibit the lawful use of any of the above-named guns in the defense of life or property.

Nothing to worry about. They are telling you it's not to be construed in any other way than that of which they allow you to construe it. Quit thinking on your own. Gosh.

Back
Top Bottom