ACLU slammed for arguing racism is ‘foundational’ to the Second Amendment, its inclusion in the Bill of Rights

Reptile

NES Member

'You’re an embarrassment to your own history,' Dan Gainor said​

The American Civil Liberties Union faced withering criticism Sunday for claiming that racism is "foundational to the Second Amendment and its inclusion in the Bill of Rights."

The ACLU enlisted Ines Santos, a communications intern according to her byline, to pen a news and commentary piece headlined, "Do Black Americans Have the Right to Bear Arms?" The intern declared that "anti-Blackness determined the inclusion of the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights, and has informed the unequal and racist application of gun laws."

Santos wrote the "vigilantism of widespread gun ownership puts Black Americans in an especially vulnerable position" because of brutality and the human cost of discriminatory policing.

"The gun violence epidemic continues to spark debate about the Second Amendment and who has a right to bear arms. But often absent in these debates is the intrinsic anti-Blackness of the unequal enforcement of gun laws, and the relationship between appeals to gun rights and the justification of militia violence," she wrote. "Throughout the history of this country, the rhetoric of gun rights has been selectively manipulated and utilized to inflame white racial anxiety, and to frame Blackness as an inherent threat."

The piece was only three paragraphs and ended by plugging the latest episode of ACLU’s "At Liberty" podcast, which featured a discussion on the same topic. But when the ACLU shared the story on social media, critics quickly slammed the concept.

Continues...

The ACLU was founded by a bunch of Communists that wanted to twist civil liberties around as a weapon to promote Communism. There's good reason why the SDS and Weather Underground found a home there after the 1970s and why they in love with the woke shit today.

View: https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1419655934196989958

Last edited:
My wife was a former ACLU contributor and we get their poll mailings/contribution requests. She gives them to me to fill out, the latest being about racial inequality. I love answering the questions and the blank 'fill in your concerns' type section. She tells me they'll ignore or throw it out. I do it anyway anyway and send it back on their dime.

(Serious question)

Are these people retarded or are they such pieces of sh*t they will write whatever they want just to provoke people?

Only a true moron or a huge a**hole would misinterpret the second amendment as something racist.

All anyone has to do is read the papers and letters the founding fathers wrote to understand why the second amendment (and every other amendment) is on the bill of rights. Skip all the reading and at least read the declaration of independence and that should be enough.

Last edited:
(Serious question)

Are these people retarded or are they such pieces of sh*t they will write whatever they want just to provoke people?

Only a true moron or a huge a**hole would misinterpret the second amendment as something racist.

All abyone has to do is read the papers and letters the founding fathers wrote to understand why the second amendment (and every other amendment) is on the bill of rights. Skip all the reading and at least read the declaration of independence and that should be enough.
They're huge a**h***s/pieces of shit, writing to their audience who ARE a bunch of retards.

Same as with Dem politicians. Hilary Clinton, Obama, even pre-dementia Biden aren't "retards". They're smart and calculating, pusing an evil agenda gobbled up by their base of useful idiots.

"vigilantism of widespread gun ownership puts Black Americans in an especially vulnerable position"

vigilante​

vig·i·lan·te | vi-jə-ˈlan-tē

Definition of vigilante

: a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate)
broadly: a self-appointed doer of justice

vigilantism \ vi-jə-ˈlan-ˌti-zəm

So this ACLU writer Ines Santos believes black Americans are doers of crime? And that people with guns have found the legal process inadequate to deal with black crime? She doesn't say "black criminals" or "some black Americans" just big, broad strokes for a whole race. This is some Rachel Rollins level slipping of the veil on modern leftism; they have some terrible preconcieved notions about almost every race... what could be more bigoted and insulting than essentially "you just can't help but be criminals" other than to follow it up with "and you shouldn't be punished or stopped, because you're out of control by nature". David Duke wouldn't be able to couch the same sentiment in such flowery, subtextual language but I'm sure he mostly agrees - except about a "solution".

Ah so you know how gun laws are written.
Actually, this is how I explained to a Non at a previous job why 2A people were not willing to compromise: "Give me $50, or I'll beat you up. Actually, I'll take $20. This is a good compromise, right?"

Since he was a Non, and had no skin in the game, the concept of a "compromise" meaning that both sides conceded something had not entered his calculus - he thought that "We don't want to ban that, just this...." was a reasonable compromise. My example made him think, a bit.

Actually, this is how I explained to a Non at a previous job why 2A people were not willing to compromise: "Give me $50, or I'll beat you up. Actually, I'll take $20. This is a good compromise, right?"

Since he was a Non, and had no skin in the game, the concept of a "compromise" meaning that both sides conceded something had not entered his calculus - he thought that "We don't want to ban that, just this...." was a reasonable compromise. My example made him think, a bit.

There was an excellent comic strip in the early 2000s that dealt with the same principle, using pizza as an example but with each interaction being a major federal gun law... At the end of course, you only have a crust of one slice. Excellent take either way, Happy!

There was an excellent comic strip in the early 2000s that dealt with the same principle, using pizza cake [...]
Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

Now I feel kind of bad for assuming. I'd love to see the one you refer to, if only for meme history

I think it's somewhere on the dusty cow-print Gateway with the dancing baby GIF that we pronounced "JIFF".

Seriously though that seems like the exact same text but way more awesome so you definitely didn't assume, you nailed it.

Memes spread, grow, and change, after all.

(Serious question)

All abyone has to do is read the papers and letters the founding fathers wrote to understand why the second amendment (and every other amendment) is on the bill of rights. Skip all the reading and at least read the declaration of independence and that should be enough.

They're both.

The history of ALLOWING gun ownership in this country definitely has some racist elements.

Slaves - as a for instance............. were pretty much universally banned by law from having possession of firearms. From what I remember there were exceptions, like when "house" slaves would go hunting to put food on the table. But in general - you wouldn't allow slaves to own guns. But I personally see that as a purely practical matter : why in the every luvin' hell would you ever allow a slave to own a gun? That's just stupid. In fact I sort of see "racism" at least in how it was practiced during the time of slavery - as nothing more than a practical thing. You need to demean and make less of people who you want to turn into slaves. So you come up with reasons to make them sub-human , that way you can say the slavery is justified on some level.

When the slaves were freed - and they were given the rights of free men, one of the first things that were allowed them was the ownership of firearms. The NRA in fact has some history in training freed slaves to properly shoot.

In more recent times - a lot of the anti-gun laws have DIRECT history tracing back to laws passed to keep blacks from owning guns. I don't remember where I read this , but the "Saturday Night Special" handgun - was named that because it was generally a cheap piece of shit / disposable firearm - made for "n-word saturday night" - where people were shooting each other over on the wrong side of the tracks. The blacks couldn't afford "nice" guns - so really cheap ones were made for that market.

Trying to twist the well known history to make it out that the 2nd amendment was somehow put in place directly as a racist action against blacks is absurd. There's been dozens of books written about the origins and the reason why the 2nd was put into the Bill of Rights - and the founders themselves were very clear about it.

The ACLU has turned into a full bore commie insurrectionist group and should be forced out of existence. The fact that they had to dredge up a friggin INTERN to write this crap is laughable.

Trying to twist the well known history to make it out that the 2nd amendment was somehow put in place directly as a racist action against blacks is absurd. There's been dozens of books written about the origins and the reason why the 2nd was put into the Bill of Rights - and the founders themselves were very clear about it.
Someone should get a reaction from Condoleezza Rice.

(Serious question)

Underestimated enemies are the most dangerous kind.
They are not retarded nor dumb. It is just if you repeat same lie a 1000 times it becomes new reality- a new truth.

New truth is - constitution is fluid and amendments are obsolete, and require new interpretation. It is what is happening right now.

(Serious question)

All abyone has to do is read the papers and letters the founding fathers wrote to understand why the second amendment (and every other amendment) is on the bill of rights.

Therein lies the rub, as it were. I'm guessing almost all of these idiots have no clue that there are supporting letters and documents written by the constitutional writers that elucidate their thought processes when hashing out and putting these amendments to parchment...or if they have read them, either there was no understanding or they simply don't mention them in the hopes that those less "well" read won't be curious and read them themselves.

Back
Top Bottom