"Accidental" discharge by Boston PD

Not to be that grammar Nazi guy, but you don't end a sentence with three periods. lol

An ellipsis is a perfectly valid way to end a sentence, per Strunk and White - but nonetheless, my original post was a lame attempt at mild sarcasm - substituting "negligent" where the OP had written "accidental".

The irony of police departments selecting Glocks because they are easier to shoot and then doing just that on a regular basis is just awesome.

Exactly. That's why NYPD ended up increasing the trigger pull to 12 1/2lbs. Too many officers were having ND's and shooting themselves in the calf or foot when they drew their firearm. On the other hand, you can end up with officers who can't reacquire their target after squeezing off their first shot:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nypd-84-shots-brooklyn_us_55ec4b31e4b093be51bbb978

I'll bet NYPD still hasn't figured this one out yet.

Exactly. That's why NYPD ended up increasing the trigger pull to 12 1/2lbs. Too many officers were having ND's and shooting themselves in the calf or foot when they drew their firearm. On the other hand, you can end up with officers who can't reacquire their target after squeezing off their first shot:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nypd-84-shots-brooklyn_us_55ec4b31e4b093be51bbb978

I'll bet NYPD still hasn't figured this one out yet.

Do the Glocks and S&W M&Ps issued to MA-local departments have Massified 10+ lb. triggers? Seems we have a lot less of a problem with this in this state than NYPD does.

Do the Glocks and S&W M&Ps issued to MA-local departments have Massified 10+ lb. triggers? Seems we have a lot less of a problem with this in this state than NYPD does.

That depends upon the department. Boston PD uses a 10+ lb Glock trigger.

That depends upon the department. Boston PD uses a 10+ lb Glock trigger.

Hmm, did not know about this. Last dude I sold a gun to from BPD didn't complain about the trigger on his G23, he did say the gun kinda beat the hell out of the base of his thumb, but he could shoot it pretty well.

I thought NYPD was the only PD with that douchebaggery with the triggers.

-Mike

Hmm, did not know about this. Last dude I sold a gun to from BPD didn't complain about the trigger on his G23, he did say the gun kinda beat the hell out of the base of his thumb, but he could shoot it pretty well.

I thought NYPD was the only PD with that douchebaggery with the triggers.

I have competed with a couple BPD officers. They are the ones that told me about the 10+ lb trigger. They aren't fans of it, as you might imagine.

Back
Top Bottom