A word about Fudds

You really don't have any idea what your talking about.

Sometimes I think I get fewer insults when I argue with real anti-gunners on forums ... intolerance with other gunowners certainly doesn't win hearts and minds.

My parallel about the UK was driven by the words from the blog referenced in the first post:

"Now I want to clarify something about the term "Fudd." It is not used by hard-liners like myself to insult anyone who participates in shooting sports or hunting or prefers shotguns over EBRs.

It is used as a reaction to "sporting use"-ONLY gun owners who throw the rest of us under the bus in the belief that their hobby will be protected, that they won't be eaten next."

EXACTLY the history of firearms owners in the UK I was relating.

They are not on our side now and will likely never be. They are ANTI-GUN, its no different then liking only some free speech.

Remember, we are not the ones who want their guns banned, its they who think ours should be. You are preeching to the wrong crowd.

I can see where I wasn't clear - my appologies. I wouldn't expect them to be "on our side", as in supporting RKBA for self-defense. But if they own a gun, they get lumped into the same pot by the Brady Campaign, and then they find themselves supporting the pro-gun platform to save their own "sport". Granted I speak only of those that join NRA out of some sense of obligation but scoff at the RKBA - but it's the NRA that keep a common voice despite the gun-hobbiests.

Those that join those alternates to NRA that are really just fronts for anti-gunners - call them the Fudds if you want. I had enough experiences with people in NH gun clubs that supported RKBA, as long as you exercised your 2ndA rights ONLY they way they approved of, to find a class of gunowners that fragmented the gun community. When drawing and firing from a holster at a gun club is banned as a safety hazard, or firing at a rate faster than 1rd per X seconds is prohibited, it's there that you find loyal NRA members that rot the 2ndA from the inside out.

Those are the people that I think are the real danger, as they cause damage from within.

Back
Top Bottom