A woman accidentally shot herself in a Mass. Target parking lot, police say

Instantly unsuitable? Wouldn't be the first one losing the LTC over an oopsie.
Nope....the last women popped one off waiting in line, with a kid in her carraige, at the Westborough WalMart if I remember right a not too long ago. They took her LTC and gun too.

Women east of 495 be giving CCW a bad name here.....

Nope....the last women popped one off waiting in line, with a kid in her carraige, at the Westborough WalMart if I remember right a not too long ago. They took her LTC and gun too.

Women east of 495 be giving CCW a bad name here.....
I’m not in mass, nor a women, nor anywhere east of 495....but I do know what a map is. 7761EE98-CE2F-44DA-8B77-F36619400D48.png

So what does happen if riding in the ambulance and the EMT suddenly discovers the patient is carrying? Presuming the patient is unable to inform them and is carrying away from the injury area so it wouldn't have been readily noticed at the scene?

They would usually send an officer out to secure it and then have to write a report.
Person is in the clear, that person can pick it up.

So what does happen if riding in the ambulance and the EMT suddenly discovers the patient is carrying? Presuming the patient is unable to inform them and is carrying away from the injury area so it wouldn't have been readily noticed at the scene?
There has to be someone with more experience than I here but..

If I found it I would have retained it, written it into my report and brought it to the PD but that’s me. We had no policy on it. Nobody, well too many wouldn’t have a clue on how to check and clear the gun in the first place.
I worked with guys who might have pooped themselves. Others including a few officers would have done the same as I would I’m sure.
No policy. No history on file. No laws broken. No foul.

In NH I would think the gun (not if you shot yourself with it, just if you had it) would end up wherever your wallet, phone, and personal affects did. Actually I'd be kinda perplexed if it didn't, ie wallet is worth a lot more than a Glock and should be all secured just the same way, be it all with the police or in some box in a locked room at the hospital.

Imagine the ending of that article in all but a handful of states.

"Police secured the weapon for safety."

F liberal states that think if you do a SINGLE THING with a gun, it should be confiscated.

I had BPD take a gun off me after a motorcycle accident that put me in MGH for a month.

When I called them about 2 weeks after the accident the gun was nowhere to be found.

My Dad, who would be dead from cancer in less than a month went to BPD East Boston and had a come to Jesus meeting with someone, because 2 days later BPD was calling me several times a day to come claim my gun, problem was I was confined to bed because I broke every bone in the left side of my body and had several sessions under the knife to put me back together with screws and plates.... seriously I look like some kids erector set project on x rays.

They would not give the gun to anyone but me.... so a Cop friend managed to get me in his car and to Eastie, he went in and told them I was in the car, couldn't walk, and if they wanted to get out from under this they had to bring it out to me, which they gladly did....

I thought for sure that gun was gone and was going to be used as a throw down piece by some cop

Dad had a lot of friends still on the job from his days as a cop, he dropped a couple of names of friends he had on BPD and they decided it was easier to find out who had the gun and get it back than it was to have to deal with them after Dad called in some favors

Seems unfair that you had to use "police connections" to get your gun back. Typical.

I have no police connections. I'd have called Channel 5 News instead. "Cops stole my gun and are using it as a future throw-down piece. They claim no knowledge now a gun that I've responsibly owned for X years is floating around because of BPD."

You bet that gun would be on your dinner tray the next AM. ;)

I got hit while test-riding a customer's motorcycle. While in the ambulance, before it left for the hospital, I handed my J-frame to the reporting officer... loaded, in a
DeSantis pocket holster. He said I could pick it up after I was released from the Hospital at Billerica P.D.

5 days later, I hobbled in, showed my LTC and received my unloaded revolver, holster and a baggy with 5 Gold Dot .38spl +P HP rounds in it.
Damn good Department over there in Billerica...
~Enbloc
So you cant have a firearm in an ambulance?

What happens if they find a concealed gun on someone they're transporting? I asked an ER nurse I know who has her LTC and she said they deal with it somewhat regularly w/ patients but I didn't get into the specifics.

Long ago, and in a land far away, (Bridgeport, CT); I was in the ER. When they decided to admit me, they asked if I had any valuables on me.

sure, my wallet and my gun
At which jaws dropped - you've been lying here for hours with a gun on you and didn't tell us?
Nobody asked me.
Can you get someone to come pick it up?
Sure.

Called Ray's Grill, asked Jr who was around and reasonably sober. He put Tank on the phone, who subsequently came down, picked up my gun and gave it to Jr who put it in the safe at the bar. I picked it up a couple days later.

Another time, I wrecked my bike. EMTs found my gun when they cut my leather off, and the cops on the scene confiscated it. It took me two years to get that gun back. A year after the charges were nolled, local PD called me up and said they had a gun which appeared to belong to me - did I want it? Hell yes. I thought they had destroyed it two years ago. Went down to the PD with a buddy, (who had a permit), and retrieved it. At that time it was legal for me to own the firearm, but not to carry it.

So you cant have a firearm in an ambulance?
Knew I was going to the Hospital to undergo hours of surgery. Under anesthesia. No way I was going to let my .38 float around an ambulance and a hospital.

That would be nuts...

I do however have my Constant Friend with me on Doctor's Appointments and visits... Always.

17 years ago I had kidney stones...had no idea what is was but basically blacked out from pain....friends called 911.. cops/EMT came as I was told..I was loopy..went to ER in ambulance but got in myself...was carrying the whole time (appendix G26)...they basically just put an IV in arm and pumped fluids in hospital..no one noticed I guess..I woke up fully and gun was still on me

Knew I was going to the Hospital to undergo hours of surgery. Under anesthesia. No way I was going to let my .38 float around an ambulance and a hospital.

That would be nuts...

I do however have my Constant Friend with me on Doctor's Appointments and visits... Always.

Lol, I have had CT scans w/ my constant friend on me (the CT Scans I get are from the shoulders up). It's with me for all Doctor appointments, including MRIs where I lock it in the locker w/ my clothes. If I have to disrobe I put it in my coat pocket or pants pocket if not wearing a coat. When was doing radiation (daily for 6 weeks) it went in the locker, when I did chemo it was on me.

Happened to me a few times when working on an ambulance. Generally I just kept it with the patients belongings and the ER had a locked drawer to put it in. A couple were police officers that were either on or off duty, their firearms were taken by another officer when they arrived. For others the ER would handle if someone needed to take possession based on whether the patient would be out of commission for any length of time.

This was quite a few years ago, I'm sure that would not fly today, but that is how it was handled where I worked.

Lol, I have had CT scans w/ my constant friend on me (the CT Scans I get are from the shoulders up). It's with me for all Doctor appointments, including MRIs where I lock it in the locker w/ my clothes. If I have to disrobe I put it in my coat pocket or pants pocket if not wearing a coat. When was doing radiation (daily for 6 weeks) it went in the locker, when I did chemo it was on me.
Yep. I've "locker-carried"... [rofl]

17 years ago I had kidney stones...had no idea what is was but basically blacked out from pain....friends called 911.. cops/EMT came as I was told..I was loopy..went to ER in ambulance but got in myself...was carrying the whole time (appendix G26)...they basically just put an IV in arm and pumped fluids in hospital..no one noticed I guess..I woke up fully and gun was still on me
That is just incredible! Mega Kudos... [bow]

I had BPD take a gun off me after a motorcycle accident that put me in MGH for a month.

When I called them about 2 weeks after the accident the gun was nowhere to be found.

My Dad, who would be dead from cancer in less than a month went to BPD East Boston and had a come to Jesus meeting with someone, because 2 days later BPD was calling me several times a day to come claim my gun, problem was I was confined to bed because I broke every bone in the left side of my body and had several sessions under the knife to put me back together with screws and plates.... seriously I look like some kids erector set project on x rays.

They would not give the gun to anyone but me.... so a Cop friend managed to get me in his car and to Eastie, he went in and told them I was in the car, couldn't walk, and if they wanted to get out from under this they had to bring it out to me, which they gladly did....

I thought for sure that gun was gone and was going to be used as a throw down piece by some cop

Dad had a lot of friends still on the job from his days as a cop, he dropped a couple of names of friends he had on BPD and they decided it was easier to find out who had the gun and get it back than it was to have to deal with them after Dad called in some favors

my father was on BPD at the time of my accident

When I had my 1984 motorcycle accident I broke both my wrists I was in the ER at Lahey in Burlington with my little Raven 25 in my pocket at the whole time

it'll be interesting to see if she keeps her LTC, with the SCOTUS ruling. She can mention all the LEO's who have had ND's and they still carry AND work on the job.
Suitability is a non issue, as she hasn't been charged/convicted of a crime
But then what will we all gripe about when these things happen?

Back
Top Bottom