A vote for airsoft?

First let me say that I recognize that airsoft players are the but of many jokes...and deservedly so.

However, I have made a change of heart about airsoft. Some time ago I picked up a gas powered, blow back, airsoft Glock 26 for about $115. My thinking at the time was that it might make a valuable training tool. I must say I was right.

The airsoft handgun is so realistic that I had to paint the whole thing orange. The feel and weight were so close to the original that when un-holstering it I could not tell if it was my Glock 27 or not. Needless to say, painting the whole gun was a very smart move. The last thing I would want to do is throw several 180g 40s/w rounds over my kitchen table.

I now use it as a part of my training with great results. The recoil is just enough to take me off target and the trajectory of the pellets is good within 15 or so feet. I have also found that this airsoft gun allows me to train to do things that I never thought I would be able to do (ie, shooting in my house).

Now I just need them to make an airsoft ar-15 with simulated recoil...[smile]

Airsoft

For those of you that want an Airsoft, I suggest that you get the metal slide KWA Glock 19 from www.airsoftatlanta.com This is a blow back model which is very durable, The cost should be about $110.00 plus shipping. To save some money, I also suggest that you get the propane adapter, approx. cost $20.00.

If you are considering our Defensive Handgun 300 class this fall, this is the airsoft model that we use and that we request that all of the students purchase for the class. In the class you will use it in scenarios against other students. For protection, we require Paint ball full face masks, gloves, and a hooded sweat shirt, When you are hit by a pellet, it will sting just enough that you know that you have been hit. At the end of the class, your upper chest will look like you have been stung by a bunch of angry bees but will not hurt much
I use my Airsoft in the basement during the cold winter months to get more trigger time

Last edited:
Jim thanks for the heads up on where to purchase. Me thinks I may pick one up!

ETA: Jim, I think you may have a typo unless I'm missing something... I believe the brand is KWA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom