• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

a "service rifle" vs "assault weapon"

Aww, I thought this was a thread about Service Rifles vs. Assault Rifles...

Service Rifle:
iu

Assault Weapon:

iu

I was hoping that, as some did ,notice that the press said "service rifle" ... we all know it is some .223/5.56 AR type weapon ( sometimes called a patrol rifle when in the hands of L.E.O.'s) but when it is in the hands of a law abiding citizen it is an evil assault weapon that is going to result in the end of the world.

Unfortunately, Webster amended their definition because so many people used it incorrectly that Webster deemed it was the a new correct usage.
Webster does not deem the "correct usage" for me. They updated their definition two or three years ago to comport with the wishes of firearm prohibitionists. Maybe when they update their definition of firearm owner to child murderer NES can be on board with that, too.

They're arguing that he wasn't in imminent danger and thus didn't need to shoot at anybody. He hit the ATVs wheel but he's claiming that they were charging at him I believe. The ballistics supposedly show that he just took a shot for no reason. Maybe got overwhelmed and felt threatened who knows.

They can call them the Devil's Thunder Sticks for all I care, and in their eyes... we are child murderers.

They're arguing that he wasn't in imminent danger and thus didn't need to shoot at anybody. He hit the ATVs wheel but he's claiming that they were charging at him I believe. The ballistics supposedly show that he just took a shot for no reason. Maybe got overwhelmed and felt threatened who knows.
2 shots from the side.

I was hoping that, as some did ,notice that the press said "service rifle" ... we all know it is some .223/5.56 AR type weapon ( sometimes called a patrol rifle when in the hands of L.E.O.'s) but when it is in the hands of a law abiding citizen it is an evil assault weapon that is going to result in the end of the world.

That was not lost on me. I call a spade a spade...

Where are there ATV trails in Dorchester? I've had these thuggers play chicken with me in my car while they're on ATVs and dirt bikes, not fun.

Where do all these city kids get these dirt bikes?

I know when I was growing up, you had to be pretty well off and have some really cool parents to get a dirt bike.
They’re stolen, all of em.

I grew up having to buy my own dirt bikes and ATVs, they were common in the area so everyone wanted one. I was one of the town mechanics by necessity, poor kids buy old stuff that needs maintenance!! I could rebuild anyone’s bike, they’re simple machines! Luckily never had to tear down a high compression 4stroke!! And I used to do this all prior to the internet!!!

Now that I’m an alleged adult, I just buy my kids their own so that we can all play together. Had the kids out on the trails till after 10pm the other night. Mommy got stuck!

Idiots like that certainly don't deserve to get shot at by the police.

What they deserve is a Louisville Slugger up side the head. I'd love to product test their helmets.

I take your point, but it's another slippery slope, that we're all worried about.

Would you say that a store clerk should be fired for a self-defense shooting during a robbery?
How about a school teacher, who had their (see, I'm being gender-neutral) significant other kick in the door while separated, that puts a round or two into them?

I can see firing a bookkeeper that's caught, but not yet convicted, with a hand in the till, but if they got an OUI on their own time, and it does not affect their work....

We all cried FOUL! when the LTC holder shot the nutjob stabbing the MD in Boston, as a rush to judgement, etc.

Just sayin'..... we want the laws to apply to all, evenly.

" Getting fired" has nothing to do with lawful self defense. Plenty of people have been fired by pizza hut etc for gunning down some scumbag that tried to rob them, etc. it's shit policy but not illegal.

-Mike

I understand that it's not illegal - it's shitty policy, as you state.

The cops were smart enough to unionize - whether that's a good situation notwithstanding - so they can't be booted because they "look guilty."

If a cop were to be fired, due to the perception that a shoot is "bad" without due process, it's just as crappy if you're a cop, or Pizza Hut oven driver.

My general view is that if we complain about lack of due process for Gary Gunguy, then we should stand up for the same for John Law. Of course, I'm also of the opinion that if a cop is convicted of a crime (e.g. negligent homicide in a bad shoot, or getting caught skimming $ from evidence) the guilty cop should have an extra level of judicial hurt applied at sentence, for Breach of the Public Trust.

Back
Top Bottom