• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A New Fireams Shop on Cape Cod..The Outdoor Shop Inc. South Yarmouth MA. (a review)

I am on vacation in Yarmouth the past few days, and I stopped in there 2 times to buy some 5.56 ammo. It was priced fairly, so I didn't mind supporting a local shop.

Dan seemed nice enough, and we chatted for a minute about PayPal, etc. He has a nice shop, with a lot of MAGPUL goodies, long guns, hand guns, ammo, safes, cases, etc etc. He also has a really nice chopper out in his garage.

He had a Ruger SR45 in the case at $450 which is more then fair. I wanted to buy the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44mag he had in his case, but I couldn't swing it right now. I have been looking for one for months, and of course he had it while I was on vacation. [laugh] That gun is so amazingly huge and built like a tank, I have to have it...eventually.

this place is awesome ! great service ! and the staff is actually nice . im never going to the powder horn again. i hope the outdoors shop puts them way out of business!!!!

This place is great. A true family business with Dan, his wife, dad and kids all around. Really refreshing to deal with nice people.

He has had a good consistent inventory and has not gouged at all. Stand up guy and family.

Just left the Outdoor Shop I was very impressed with the stock. Small shop but packed with all the good stuff. Stripped lowers at great prices, ars, magpul accessories, crossbreed holsters and good stock of ammo. Wish I had more money to spend I only left with some pepper spray but Dan was very polite even with my small purchase. I will be sure to stop back in when shopping for a new toy.

wanted to give an FYI...

We opened up a wall and added an extra 250ish square feet of space to our gun room.. Parts, guns, ammo, safes, and accessories being added every day. We have a great selection of handguns and long guns right now.
Have a great summer !

Dan

A New Fireams Shop on Cape Cod..The Outdoor Shop Inc. South Yarmouth MA. (a rev

Off work this week, I'll have to stop by and check out the improvements!

I bought a couple of bricks of .22 LR there Monday, they Had 10-15 more on the shelves.
Friendly shop,I'm glad I checked it out.

Picked up a new Remington R1 today. Dan was very helpful and took the time to answer all my questions when I was looking at several firearms. If you are in the S. Yarmouth area this is a good place to stop.

Back from vacay. Great shop, Dan & Co are good people. Very well stocked. Dan also mentioned he could do an Apex trigger for me, next time I'm down I may take him up on the offer.
Thanks again Dan for your time and business. [bow]

Stopped in there today. Haven't been in there since the late 80's when the floor space was covered with Cyclecraft and Zeronine bikes.

Seemed to have a nice assortment of goodies in there, as well as some hard to find ammo.

I agree with everyone's reviews so far. The main reason why I love this place is having my questions answered in a non-condescending manner and not getting chewed out for trying to make educated purchases. Which is what happened every time I went to another nearby business.

I bought my first new firearm from Dan at ODS. I found Dan and his wife to be extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. They were a pleasure to do buisness with and even thothough it is out of my way, I make the trip out there whenever I can for ammo and accessories. I highly recommend ODS.

Thanks guys, we have a ton of stuff in stock... almost every handgun you can buy in MA. plenty of ammo except 380 and 22 (shows up on and off)

Ive lived on the Cape my whole life. I can for one say that ODS is a breath of fresh air. No more having to go into the powder horn wondering if marks on the rag.....I will drive the extra distance every time to hit ODS up. Dan and his wife are some the nicest people I've ever meet.

I bought a Shield and quite a few components for my AR build at ODS. Dan is a great guy even though he didn't go for my "buy a Shield, get a puppy free" idea! I will definitely drive right by Powderhorn to go to ODS!

Small world, I stumbled into this thread but I use to by Arctic Cat snowmobile parts from ODS Dan. Always on line so I never new they sold fire arms. Good people to deal with....

Stopped in today, the last time i was there was right after he had opened about 2 years ago. (Idon't get down that way too often)my loss. Great shop, had a nice conversation about all the stupid mass laws and the stupid firearms roster. Nice selection and good prices, picked up some 223 ammo. Dan asked me if i was going to stop in at the Powderhorn, I made that mistake about 4 years ago won't be back. Thanks for letting me kill time while my kid was at the mall Dan and his date went well.

Inventory is back up now. We have pretty much all ammo in stock, including 22lr. Tons of handguns and most long guns are in.
I think we should have the best prices around and can get almost anything you need in 2-5 days.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and see you the next time you stop in.
Dan

Is this the same ODS Dan that use to be a cat dealer?? Great guy and will have to stop in. Always dealt with ODS on line.

Back
Top Bottom