A Little Benchmade niceness

widnerkj

NES Member
Few cool things here. First off... I've come to really like the benchmade "Bugout" knifes. (The 535 series) Carrying and abusing one for a long while now, I completely understand why they are so very popular. My only complaint is that they are so lightweight, that they do go through the washing machine more often than I'd like to admit. But currently riding my pocket is the Special edition carbon handled one. With S90V steel. It's just a pleasure to have around.

3.jpg 4.jpg

Since I've now introduced my EDC. In other news, the pastor at our church just finished out his Masters. And I wanted to do something special for him to celebrate that. So working with him and some of the leadership. I ended up getting a Benchmade Bailout engraved to celebrate his achievement. He is also the chaplain for the local fire department, and loves militaria stuff. So naturally we needed to add "chaps" to it. I did get his input on what verse is most appropriate for this present. And he giggled like a 13 year old boy, and told me what he wanted. All in all, it came out amazing. The laser engraving shop went above and beyond, even engraved the benchmade box. But here it is. And I think it's pretty amazing.

2.jpg 1.jpg

I love the carbon fiber but can't being myself to pay so much. Any tips for smoothing the action out after going through laundry? I swear mines never been the same. Even tried a little oil.

Last edited:
Ballastol works on almost everything.
It does… and it’s food safe.

@Soundwave
That said on pivots I use Gunny Glide Graphene Lubricant. If your near the Mill in Littleton you can stop by my shop and I’ll give you a little dab on your knife. Unfortunately I’m not there until next Wednesday due to my work and visiting colleges with my son.

I don't own anymore Benchmade knives, I've come to the realization that I'm a basic bitch with pocket blades and I simply abuse the shit out of then

But one thing is for sure I respect the hell out of blade guys who appreciate the craftsmanship and are passionate about it, I thoroughly enjoyed your write up 👍👍

I love the carbon fiber but can't being myself to pay so much. Any tips for smoothing the action out after going through laundry? I swear mines never been the same. Even tried a little oil.

Maybe check the washers. Benchmade use fancy pants phosphor bronze pivot washers. I think the phosphor coating is for lubricity, and the bronze for anti corrosion. I'm betting the phosphor coating is not as anti-corrosion as the base bronze washer. But replacements are all over the internet.

I haven't forgotten that we're boycotting Benchmade.

They did a very blatant anti gun thing when they didn't have to, right? I don't know the full history, but got the gist of it through this forum. They really should have done a venn diagram of higher end knife owners and gun owners before they did that.

I'll be honest though--I've really wanted to try Benchmade. I've been a Spyderco guy most of the time, but damn if those aren't some nice specs and a nice looking knife. But I'll respect the embargo.

Hebrews 4:12 is fitting too...
God Bless,
~Matt
I was told when people ask for a great scripture he gives them that one. Mostly because it confuses them. As it’s about circumcising all of the Israelites in a day, likely close to a million men. And the name of the place “Gibeath-haaraloh” translates as “hill of foreskins”. The laser engraver laughed really hard. Said he’d never had a request like that. I said, “he’s got a teenage daughter, so it’s doubly appropriate “

Sounds like a Good Man...

Swords are prolific in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. It is also a name by which the Bible itself is known as. The Sword.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom