A great scope at a great $

Price is comparable to the Super Sniper scopes SWFA sells. I love my SS and want another scope for an AR build I have planned but want more than 10x.
Not to drift OT here but from what I've heard anything beyond 150 yards is bad for mildot scopes because of the thickness of the dot system in the reticle. Anyone have thoughts on that?
I'd like a nice scope for 300 yards w/out paying more than what the rifle cost.[hmmm]

Price is comparable to the Super Sniper scopes SWFA sells. I love my SS and want another scope for an AR build I have planned but want more than 10x.
Not to drift OT here but from what I've heard anything beyond 150 yards is bad for mildot scopes because of the thickness of the dot system in the reticle. Anyone have thoughts on that?
I'd like a nice scope for 300 yards w/out paying more than what the rifle cost.[hmmm]

You want the S2 I have!! The SS is not in the ball park! Standard reticle, 3x12AO. It lives on a .308 HB. I changed from a 6x24 40mmAO to the Sightron. You can't compare them. The Sightron is better than most $600.00+ scopes I have tried. It's up to you! jp

Zoom is NOT indicated as"3X9" or any other pair of numbers with an "X" in the middle. Range is shown via the hyphen; i.e., 3-9.

The "X" shows the comparison of the eye lense in fixed scopes and binoculars OR the zoom range thereof in comparison to the objective lens; i.e., 7 x 35 or 3-9 x 44.

I agree Misurps, I also have the SS 16x from swfa.com that I use on my 700P. The mildot is somewhat thick. Decent scope I must admit and for the $, in my opinion, cant beat it. I tried a Nikon Monarch a few months ago at Kittery TP and was amazed by the clarity. The price was around $530. That was my first choice but after reading all reviews on the Super Sniper, I had to try it.

Zoom is NOT indicated as"3X9" or any other pair of numbers with an "X" in the middle. Range is shown via the hyphen; i.e., 3-9.

The "X" shows the comparison of the eye lense in fixed scopes and binoculars OR the zoom range thereof in comparison to the objective lens; i.e., 7 x 35 or 3-9 x 44.

Analxanalxanal. [smile]

With binoculars or scopes, the first number refers to magnification. "Zoom" is not the correct term. "Zoom" in optical terms means variable focal length though variable magnification is acceptable.

The first number refers to magnification where 1x is what your unaided eye sees. So, with 10x binoculars, something 100 yards away will appear to be only 10 yards. The second number refers to the diameter of the objective lens (front most element) and basically dictates how much light the optical system will gather.

Back
Top Bottom